High Valerian ✅

The tourney dragged on and on and eventually I'd had enough of the blood shed. I stood and walked up the stairs and past sandor. Who grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Where are you going?"

"Its really none of your business but the library."

He released my arm, turning away from me as he grunted a dismissal. I walked slowly through the red keep. It was usually busseling with lords and ladies but now it was only servants who roamed the halls. Soon I found myself walking through the high door of the library. I'd spent much time here since we arrived and was rarely bothered. My father even ordered for a chair be put by the great window for me.

Just like many times before I found myself browsing through the high book shelves, climbing the ladder to look at the ones on the top shelves. Almost at the very top one of the pegs broke and my hands slipped from their former place, leaving me falling. I let out a yelp when instead of the ground I hit metal. A chest plate. I opened my eyes to see sandor staring down at me.

"Thank you sandor, I surely would've been gravely injured if not for you." I gasped, trying to regain my breathe.

A grunt. I hated it when he grunted, his silence was the most annoying thing in the whole seven kingdoms. After a moment of heavy breathing I turned back to the shelf assuming he would leave. I was surprised to find that instead he began to browse. I turned to peek at him just to find him doing the same.

"Who dressed you girl?"

I was shocked by his question, my stomach turned as I gave him a quizzical look.

"Sansa, she did my hair aswell. Why so much interest in me today?"

"You don't wear clothes like that."

I looked down to gaze at the dress, rather impractical but pretty.

"Does it look bad? sansa said it would be nice to see me in something other then black."

He froze for a moment as he realized what a predicament he was in. He sighed and turned towards her. Scanning up and down and finally returning to her face. Her red hair shone in the light from the window as she stood, half her face covered by his shadow. She felt her face heat up at his intense glare but made no move.

"You look like a lannister."

Lyanna looked down and pressed her gown down, putting her hands behind of her.

"But, you look beautiful."

The sudden complement made lyannas eyes shoot up to his and nervousness shoot down to her feet. Sandor cleared his throat and turned back to the shelf but lyanna just kept staring at him. He reached up and grabbed a book, handing it to her. She looked over the black book and read the name out loud.

"Vestriarzira hen viseyrs nyke targārien"

"What?"

"Tales of viseys targaryen I, its high valerian."

"You speak high valerian?"

"Mhm, a little, A merchant from bravos taught me some."

He looked over to the shelf and switched out the book for another. A smaller red one with gold print.

"The knights of the round table."

This went on and on until he grabbed a large yellow book and gave it to her.

"Lord of the rings."

"Will you read it to me?"

She looked up staring at him. last time they were here he cursed at her and stormed away but now he wanted to listen to her read.. her heart hammered in her chest as her mind raced around, trying to figure out why he would want to listen to her read. Eventually he guided her to the seat by the window. He pulled a chair that was to small and sat. Patiently he waited for her to flip through to the first page and begin reading the big yellow book.