Impulses

The day dragged on all of it mixing together in a sleep deprived haze as my stomach ached something awful. Around mid afternoon I went below deck to finally eat anything I could get my hands on.

savagely, i ate salted fish till my stomach ached and bulged. With a loud groan, I came to regret my selfish indulgences as I layed on one of the tables that were bolted to the ground, my legs past the knee dangling lazily as I stared up at the ceiling.

A swift bang rocked me from my spot on the table as Peter walked over to me, my hand placed firmly on the knife by my hip.

"A strange place to sleep." He inquired, sitting on the bench next to me.

"Not sleeping, just closing my eyes." I mumbled, stretching the exhaustion from my spine.

"My claim still stands." He shrugged, handing me the cistern in his hand which I happily took.

"How long have you been up there?" He inquired, looking down at the ground as I chugged the refreshing but warm water.

"Before the sun yesterday, I'm gonna go back up soon." I panted, stretching my kneck as it cracked loudly making Peter chuckle.

"No, no me and Keegan will hold strong on the path. You need to bathe so I can look at those cuts." He half ordered, pulling back my coat to see the dried bloody shirt that most definitely hid many gashes from the day before.

I huffed looking out the port hole to see the setting sun before jumping up and strutting over.

"The sun is setting?" I asked, quite surprised as I'd just left the wheel perch.

"Aye, why so suprised?" He chuckled. Turning to face me with his hands on his knees.

"It was barely noon just moments ago. I swear it was." I announced, rubbing my eyes before shuffling back over to the older man.

"Ah so ye did sleep, the body will take what it needs sooner or later." He offered, pushing off the table to stand.

"I'll get one of the boys to start you a bath but beware, do-"

"Dont drink it, its sea water. I learned the hard way a good while ago." I sighed before grumbling and walking to the door way.

"Do it quickly wont you? I need to get back up too."