Under The Willow Tree ✅

We had quickly moved on from the village, bouncing from one to another on our way to kings landing . Now, after a long day on horseback we arrived at a village called fox wood. I've not even heard of this town. Yet, here we are, exploring it.

Id spent most of the day with my father's men as they trained. Me and Arya both frequently just sat and watch them, talking of how wonderful it would be to fight with them. Arya always dreamed of being a knight, she was certain if any of her dreams would come true, it would be that one.

The hound and a few other men began to walk over and train alongside our men. Memories plagued me of that night. I had ordered him to come to me and he did, nothing more. I told myself this frequently as a reminder of who he was. A dog for the king, nothing more.

After a while I tired of this and decided to explore the outskirts of town. the clashing of metals ranging out behind began to subside as the chirps of crickets and the tweets of birds ruled over. The sweet smell of wet wood and moss brought me a calming sensation.

The day was warm but the breeze chilling. So much so I wrapped my own arms around me, rubbing them up and down. I came upon a great willow tree, which reminded me greatly of the gods wood. With its great, long branches and gaint roots, poking up from the ground.

I sat right under it, looking up its leafy skirt. If I closed my eyes and listened I could almost pretend I was at home. As I took in the calming breeze and sweet tweeting of the birds I let my mind wander to the past. The sweet memories of my childhood, of my friends, of my home.

-

"Girl...girl...girl wake up." A gruff voice pushed into my ears.

I began to be gently shaken until my eyes opened to reveal sandor, kneeling over me. I sat up from the ground and brushed my hair away from my face.

"Where am i?" I asked, sleep still crowding my mind.

"In the forest, half the damn town is out looking for you."

As the sleep cleared from my senses I realized that sandors rough hands were cupping my face. I softly reached up and grabbed his wrists, slipping them off my cheeks but not letting go. After a moment he shifted and plopped down next to me with a soft clink, pulling his hands from mine.

"Shouldn't you be guarding his grace?" I asked, making small talk.

He let out a grunt, "he is with one of his whores."

A shiver ran down my spine as I thought of my future husband sleeping with half of westeros as Robert does. Silence took us over as I twittled with a vine that had fallen.

"I'm sorry, for commanding you to help me." I said, barely above a whisper.

"You're a lady. You do as you please."

"Still, I was not lady like. " i mumbled.

"Dont matter much to me if you're lady like." He paused for a moment, glancing down at me.

----
"I've heard stories about you, you know. 'The red wolf', do you know why they call you that?" He asked.

"Cause I'm a stark id assume."

He knew why they called her that. He had heard the stories of her with a sword. He saw her in the training yard fight the snow boy. The curiosity of why she would ask him to teach her to fight when she already knew how plagued him but he thought it best to leave it

"Why are you so uncomfortable around me hound?" She mumbled.

He hadn't even realized how rigid his body had become. Quickly he straightened his back and took notice of how much bigger he was. A pang of guilt ran through him before he spoke again.

"I could still teach you to fight if you so wished it." He said, clenching his jaw.

"Of your own volition?" She said, a shocked tone taking over as she shifted to look up at him.

"Yes." A lie. He knew it, he didn't want to be around this girl but he would do as he was told.

A bright smile crept upon her face. Many thoughts crossed his mind as he watched her gleefully hop up and offer him her hand. He took it and pulled only slightly and she tipped over with a yelp, landing ontop of him. Her hand pressed gently against his jest as the rest of her layed across his legs.

"My apologies, ser." She quickly said as she lifted herself off of him. "I fear I'm not as strong as I thought."

The hound stood, with clinking of armor he began to walk towards the town.

"Its time to go." He mumbled coldly.

----
I quickly followed close by as we made our way back. As we broke the tree line a crowd of people rushed towards us, my father in the lead.

"I found her, she fell asleep against a tree." His voice sounding even colder then before. Father ran up to me and gripped my shoulders.

"Gods I was worried about you, if you're are going to go out exploring you must bring one of my men."

I smiled at his worried face and pulled his hands into mine.

"I just wanted to find some foxes, I fear I'm not very good at it." I lied, straight through my teeth.

A shared chuckle came from the both of us as he guided me away from sandor. I turned back only to find him watching ne walk away. Knowing he was watching me made a shot of nervousness run through my body as the distance grew between us.