Hand Maiden ✅

Arya was running down the hall, chasing a blur of fur when she found me crouched outside sansas door. My hands shook as they held my face which now wept tears of anger.

"Lyanna, whats wrong?" She said, leaning down to my level.

How could I tell her? She already hates the fact that sansa is marrying joffery. This would pin her against her forever. Telling was no option at all.

"I just, I miss bran and jon, even theon too." I mumbled, trying to stop my tears in their tracks.

She placed her hand on my shoulder and forced a smile.

"Well we can go home soon. Or maybe they can come visit us, them and mother."

I nodded, sniffling as I rose to my feet.

"You ought to hurry up, that cats escaping."

We both laughed and I watched her take off somewhat quietly down the hall. I went to push the strands of hair out of my face when the parchment id held tightly in ny grasp scrapped against my skin. I stared at it for a moment wondering what to do with it.

I found myself tucking it into my sleeve and walking aimlessly. I walked till I found myself bumping into a wall of silver. I looked up to find sandor infront of me. I stared at him with half lidded eyes for a moment before moving around him.

He turned to stare as she walked away. Her pink, tear stricken face had not evaded him. He turned, catching up to her quickly.

"Lyanna." He called but she stayed walking as if she couldn't hear him. Yet again he called out for her and on the third time he grabbed her arm, forcing her to look at him.

A shuffle alerted him to someone behind them. He looked only to see a hand maiden. Quickly, he pulled lyanna down a hall and into one of the rooms.

"Let go of me sandor." She said but was quickly shushed.

"Whats the matter with you? Are you sick?"

Lyanna ripped her arms away from him quickly.

"I'm not sick, just not in the mood for a unfortunate meeting with you."

Sandor sighed, shaking his head. He turned around and began walking for the door but was stopped by her voice.

"No."

He tilted his head slightly so he could look at her.

"I-i I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

He stared as she swirled her sleeve in between her fingers and tried desperately not to cry. He just stared as she failed to contain her tears till she fell to her knees.

Slowly he took the few steps towards her and kneeled.

"Whats wrong with you, girl?" He mumbled, uncomfortably.

After a few sniffles she finally spoke the truth.

"My baby brother is a cripple and...i found sansa in the garden with joffery."

He gave her a puzzled look before he shrugged, his armor clinking at the movement.

"Are northern girls not allowed alone with their suitors in gardens or some shit?"

I stopped crying almost immediately and slowly raised my head to stare at him. What a fool, I thought.

"They were doing things only a man and wife should do. I'm not sure what but they were doing something." I shuddered.

After a moment he let out a boisterous laugh, his hand covering his face as he shook his head. I stared at him, at his crooked teeth and now flushed cheeks in awe. Soon I myself was laughing, his roaring, whooping laughter gave me ease.

"Oh God, you sheltered child. Ahahaha they are children, promised to each other. This is what they are supposed to do. Gods you should know."

"What do you mean?" I asked, puzzled.

"Well you must've atleast kissed a boy haven't you?" He said, finally calming down from his fit.

"Only my passed husband."

He sighed, staring at me for a second before furrowed his eyebrows and parting his lips to speak.

"How old are you lyanna?"

"Twenty and three years?"

"And you've never kissed anyone else? Not a bread boy, no sneaky travelers. Perhaps a hand maiden?"

I shook my head, the blush deepening. Sandor stared at me for a moment before his eyes darted from my eyes to my lips for a moment. I smiled, trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach.

"What, would you like to kiss me sandor?" I said, lightly laughing at my own joke.

Yet, to my surprise he nodded, placing his hand on the back of my kneck he pulled me close and smashed our lips together. At first I sat there eyes wide and unmoving but after a moment I started to copy his movements. But soon, all too soon he pulled away as if Id stabbed him. Jolting up he backed away and my face turned white.

Had I done it wrong? I know I didn't bite him. Should I have bitten him? Oh God, I should've bitten him.

He turned and shoved himself out the door, desperately trying to put space between us two.