New Handmaiden

I sat with sansa in her room after dinner, reading her favorite story to her when a knock came from the door.

"Come in." Sansa called, turning towards the door.

A gorgeous woman with curly, black hair pushed the door open.

"I'm shae, my lady. Your new handmaiden." She announced looking down at me.

"Hello dear." I smiled, sitting up straighter.

"I wasn't aware I needed a new handmaiden...You're not from here."

I gave her look, before shaking my head.

"No." They both stood, still and quite. Waiting for the other to move in a strange stand still.

"What are you doing?" Sansa asked, shifting foot to foot.

"Waiting for you to tell me what to do."

"I shouldn't have to tell you to do things. You just do them."

"What things?" Shae asked, and I looked back up at her as Sansa listed off her duties.

She went to go and brush her hair but Sansa rudely told her to stop and ordered her to clean the table.

"Sansa, don't make an arse of yourself." I mumbled.

In shame, sansa looked away as shae giggled.

"It is quite a pleasure to meet you dear shae. Would be so kind as to walk me to my room? I've grown quite weary as my babe and grown child are becoming more of a pain." I mumbled, holding up my hand for help which she gladly took, helping lift myself up.

I turned, taking sansa in a hug as I kiss her cheek and smiled.

"Good night little flower. Sweet dreams."

I turned, looping my arms with shaes before turning and guiding her down the hall.

"For someone so weary, you seem quite able." She mumbled.

"Aye, I just wanted to give sansa some time alone. She is quite tired, please pardon her crast tongue." I chuckled, rubbing my belly.

"Of course, my lady."

"I would like to ask you a favor, shae." I offered, glancing over at her.

"Of course, my lady." Her accent, filled my ears with such harmony I smiled.

"You will protect sansa, shield her when I cannot. If she is in danger you will lay down your life for her. If it comes to it. Of course I would compensate you, greatly. Even after sansa doesn't need you, I will take you as mine own handmaiden and you will be taken care of for the rest of your days." I groveled on, turning towards her when we got to my room.

"I-...of course my lady." She smiled bowing as she did.

I gripped her wrist roughly before pulling her towards me, hardening my face in warning.

"Dont cross me, shae. I love my family, I will die for them and I will kill for them. Do you understand?" I asked in a low tone.

"I'd expect nothing less m'lady."