Pray

After a quick scan of the crew I ordered Keegan to steer the ship back on course before going below deck. My head ached something awful as I crouched down and walked towards my quarters.

I stopped, hesitating at the door as a sigh slipped past my lips. I walked in to be met with the sight of Peter, his head between his knees as he shook. I ran to him sliding to my knees before grabbing the older man's face. His Grey hairs framed his mad eyes as he looked up at me.

"What is it? Tell it to me!" I begged, shaking him slightly as worry filled my stomach and creeped up my throat.

"Its just the cannons...so loud." He shivered, wiping his eyes..

"And what of qauren?" I forced out, glancing  in his direction but not being able to truly look.

"His skull...it's cracked. no matter what I do he won't wake up. Not even the cannon woke him." He whispered, clenching his jaw as he tried to stop his body from shaking.

I glanced over at qaurens limp body, watching as his chest rose and fell slowly. He looked so pale, so cold. I turned away, squeezing my eyes closed and nodding before letting my hands slip from his face to his shoulders.

"What if he doesn't wake up?" I asked hesitantly, not opening my eyes.

"He...he'll starve." He mumbled. "Probably within the week"

"Is he in pain?" I asked, my body sinking deeper into the ground with each answer.

"I, I can't be sure..."

"Well guess!" I snapped, shooting my eyes up to meet his.

"I-i...probably. I've heard of men being trapped inside their own mind, how sometimes they can hear and feel things but there's no way to be sure." He answered hastily.

My body became heavy upon hearing this. My lip quivering before I sniffled, putting on a brave face.

"How do sailor's bury the dead?" I asked, it sounding more like a statement as I stood and walked over to qaurens bunk. Gently siting on the edge and reaching over to twirl the long bits of hair about his face with my fingers.

"We send them over board in their best dress." He chuckled before scratching his cheek. "Captain didn't have very good dress, damn kid always got them ripped."

I chuckled quickly before letting my face fall back into its somber expression.

"Two days. If he hasn't woken by then, I'll take care of it." I nodded, standing before grabbing my brown long coat and swinging it on, the tail gently tapping against the back of my thighs.

"Go rest, he isn't going anywhere." I joked solomley  before walking out and back up the stairs to the deck.

The deck was mostly empty seeing as most of the men had gone below deck to eat and rest. The few that remained were pulling the cannon towards the trapdoor which hung open.

"No, leave it above deck. Just tie it down and go down for some food." I ordered, putting my hands behind my back before walking over to the boy traitor.

His head hung limply only slowly rising when I snapped infront of his nose.

"What is your name, boy?" I ordered, staring into his wide eyes.

"Darren, listen lyanna i-"

"Do not presume to say my name ever again, Darren. I've come to tell you the good news." I smiled, the blood splattered across my face cracking as I did. "If qauren wakes up in two days you will be given a clean death. One with honor, one to be proud of." I offered turning to walk past him.

"And if he doesn't?" He asked, fear laced into every word.

"Youll be considered an ally of the lions and will die as they did...screaming." I answered before continuing on the path up to the wheels perch.

"Thank you Keegan." I nodded, patting him on the back. "Go down with the rest of the men and rest. Youll be back up here soon enough."

He turned to walk away but stopped before the ladder to look back at me.

"What did you say to Darren?" He asked, looking over at me, a glimmer of fear in his eye.

"To pray for his captain's speedy recovery."