A Beast

Sandor had rocked me all through the night though he said very little. At some point I'd fallen asleep while crying and when I woke up I was still in his arms. He still just sat in the same spot, playing with my hair while looking at the hearth across the room.

"Sandor?" I croaked, my voice especially coarse.

His head shot down to me and his body went rigged as he pulled his hand off my head. I felt suddenly cold without his touch making me shudder. Slowly he put his hand back and pulled the blankets tighter around me.

"Tell me something nice, sandor."

A long silence filled our room as he thought before sighing.

"If your gods give us a boy, and you so wish it...we could name him Eddard."

I rubbed my swollen belly before nodding.

"And what if we are given a girl?"

"What is that girl from the book. The one in high valerian you read to me when we were first married?"

"Which girl?"

"The wife, the queen?" He asked, now joining me in rubbing my stomach.

"Alicent?" I asked, quite shocked he remembered the book.

"Aye, she was strong. That name will do."

"Maybe ill have twins, maester said I'm quite large."

Sandor failed to hold his own laughter back as he imagined his wife's reaction to such news.

"And he is still alive?! I'd have thought you'd kill him!" His laughter restarted, drawing a small chuckle from me as i watched his face contort in such a rare way.

"Alright, alright. Eddard and alicent of house clegane? Thats what they shall be called?" I asked after pinching him in the ribs.

"Aye, quite fancy. Much more regal then sandor and Gregor."

I let myself slip into thoughts before glancing from sandor down to my belly.

"What is it?" He asked, staring down at the top of your head.

"Promise me you won't let them hurt our babies."

At this he was the one that went silent. He thought back to his childhood, He remembered the sore muscles, the beatings, the training and what it all lead to. Shaking his head he came from his memories with a heavy sigh.

"No one will hurt our babies lyanna. No one would even dare to look at them."

Nodding, I let my body relax into his until I felt a dull pain under my dress. The shifting under my skin made me jump, ripping my dress up my legs to see the outlines of feet on my belly.

Both sandor and I stared as the child shifted,  kicking me in the ribs. I groaned as they shifted quite roughly. Sandor lightly slapped my belly before pointing at it.

"Dont kick your mother. What a beast!"

I stared up at him for a moment before smiling and laughing at his gesture.

"Ive...missed your smile." His thumb brushed across my cheek making me push into his hand. He pulled me closer, filling me with warmth and lulling me back to sleep before slowly joining me.