Chapter 6: Unconventional Love

"Welcome. Please, make yourselves comfortable. I am Attorney Cho Yujin." The attorney introduces herself and shakes Jungkook's and Taehyung's hands when they walk into her office.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with us so quickly," Jungkook responds as he makes sure that Taehyung is comfortably seated.

"When Namjoon called, I knew that something important happened. Once you are comfortable, please tell me everything." She tells them as she hands them water bottles while they settle down in their seats.

"The alpha toddler is my little brother." Taehyung begins once he is comfortably seated with his little brother in his arms. "We have the same parents; however, they divorced while our mother was pregnant with him. They both now have their own families while he is tossed in between them. I have been keeping records of everything so that I can bring them to court to fight for custody over him." Taehyung explains as he tightens his embrace around Hoseok.

"Do you mind giving me everything that you have collected so that I can look over it?" Attorney Cho asks as she processes what Taehyung told her.

"Of course. Here." Taehyung quickly pulls out his notes and hands them to her.

As Attorney Cho flips through the detailed notes that Taehyung took, Jungkook gently wraps his arm around his omega to comfort him and let him know that he is supporting him.

"Okay. So, I do see a big problem. The family courts in this pack are very traditional. I absolutely loathe saying this, but you are an unmated omega who is pregnant. Your parents are wealthy people with friends in power. The court will look at your parents with kinder eyes than they will look at you." She softly tells Taehyung who nods in understanding.

"What if we mate before trial? Will that change anything?" Jungkook asks as his grip around his omega tightens.

"It will. The court will see that Taehyung as an omega has an alpha supporting him. I am sorry that it is messed up like this, but that is how the family courts are at the moment." She answers and watches as Taehyung's eyes water.

"I don't want to mate because of this. I wanted to mate you because we fell in love." Taehyung sniffles as his embrace around Hoseok tightens.

"Pup, I want you to protect you, and I want to protect Hoseok. If you are worried that I will ever come to regret mating you or if I feel forced, I promise that none of that is true. If I had no self-control, I would have begged you every day since we met to let me mate you already. However, if you are worried because your emotions are not ready to mate with me, then that is okay and understandable. I also do not want to force you into anything." Jungkook softly tells Taehyung who is quietly crying.

"I'm sorry. My emotions are all over the place." Taehyung cries and longs to crawl into Jungkook's lap. "I really want to mate you, but I was scared that you felt pressured."

"Do not worry, Pup. I do not feel pressured in the slightest way." Jungkook lovingly whispers and kisses Taehyung's forehead.

"Neither of you need to worry about mating right at the moment. We will not need to go to court for a while because the procedures take time." Attorney Cho informs the couple.

"Thank you." Taehyung sniffles as Jungkook hands him a tissue to wipe his tears with.

"Of course." Attorney Cho smiles. "Alpha Jeon, are you planning on adopting Hoseok as well?" She asks as she writes everything down in her notes.

"Yes, I am." Jungkook smiles and looks at his omega who smiles up at him with sparkling eyes.

"Okay, excellent." She hums and examines her notes. "Omega Jeon, do you mind continuing to take notes of everything that transpires between you and your parents?"