Chapter 46: Parents

When Taehyung wakes up, he holds his breath and slowly opens his eyes. The moment he realizes he can feel his mate's heartbeat through their link, he quietly cries and buries his face in his mate's chest.

"You're okay." Jungkook softly whispers and pets the back of his mate's head.

"Eomma! Appa! You're awake!" Hoseok rushes to the bed and reaches out to touch his parents.

Taehyung quickly dries his tears and sits up. Without hesitation, he picks Hoseok up and sets him on the bed. "We're awake, Sunshine. Don't worry about us." Taehyung smiles and pecks Hoseok's forehead.

"Mama! BABA!" Jimin wails and reaches his tiny hands out for his parents.

Seokjin gets up from the couch and carries the crying omega pup to his parents. As he hands Jimin to Taehyung, the omega pup's wails grow louder. Taehyung quickly takes Jimin and wraps him in his arms to comfort him.

"Appa, what's wrong?" Hoseok asks when he notices his father is in pain.

"Nothing is wrong. Don't worry about me." Jungkook smiles and pulls his oldest son into his arms. "I'm okay." He happily sighs as he holds his pup in his arms.

"You've blocked our link," Taehyung mutters with worry as he looks at his mate.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." Jungkook softly smiles and reaches his hand up to gently brush his fingers over his mate's face.

"Hyung, don't lie to me," Taehyung whispers and grabs his mate's trembling hand.

"I'm in pain, but I'm okay. It's nothing that I can't handle." Jungkook smiles and intertwines their fingers. "I promise."

"Why are you in pain? Is the medication not working? Are you bleeding?" Taehyung's eyes widen with worry as he lifts the blanket to check his mate's bandages.

"He refused any more pain medication because it makes his mind hazy," Namgil explains as he walks into the room.

"I couldn't see how much pain you were in. I hated that." Jungkook softly tells his mate.

"You need pain relief to help you heal." Taehyung murmurs and tightens his grip on his mate's hand.

"I would be more distressed if I couldn't understand what is going on." Jungkook hums and gently pulls his mate toward him.

As Seokjin watches them, he realizes Taehyung is not in any pain. He looks at the omega in confusion because it takes time for the pain of a broken bond to dissipate after the bond has been repaired.

"Share your pain with me. I want to help you." Taehyung mutters as he lies down next to Jungkook with Jimin protectively wrapped in his arms.

"No. You are taking care of our pups, and you're exhausted. All that I am doing is lying in bed while everyone is taking care of me. I am okay." Jungkook softly smiles and kisses Taehyung's forehead.

"Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung are helping a lot with Sunshine and Moonbeam. Please share your pain with me. We are mates." Taehyung pleads with his mate.

"If it becomes too much, I will share some with you." Jungkook hums and holds his family in his arms.

"Joon, Jungkook has absorbed all of Tae's pain." Seokjin looks at his mate with wide eyes when he realizes what Jungkook has done.

"Jungkook! Are you crazy?!" Namjoon shouts as he suddenly stands up.

"Joon, don't. Jungkook's wolf will be unsettled if Taehyung is in pain. It is better this way." Seokjin reaches up to hold his mate's hand to calm him down.