Chapter 78: New

As the sun sets, many luxury vehicles pull into the circular driveway in front of the Pack Alpha's mansion. The Pack Alpha stands in the foyer and watches the people filtering into her home. At midnight, her daughter's birthday will strike, and the Pack Alpha will retire.

When the new Jeon Sub-Pack enters the mansion as one large group, the entire mansion silences.

"Pack Alpha." Namgil respectfully bows to the Pack Alpha, signaling for his sub-pack to bow.

"Alpha Jeon." The Pack Alpha smiles with relief when she sees the new large sub-pack. "Welcome, Jeon Sub-Pack." 

"Thank you, Pack Alpha." The large sub-pack hums with big smiles.

After greeting the Pack Alpha, the sub-pack enters the large ballroom. Yoongi gasps in surprise as he looks around the extravagant room. The anniversary party was held at an event center, so he has never seen the extravagance of the Pack Alpha's mansion.

"It's big, isn't it?" Jimin softly asks his boyfriend.

"Very," Yoongi mumbles as he adjusts the headphones on his head.

"Are you okay?" Jimin hums as he looks at his boyfriend with worry.

"I'm okay. It was just on weird." Yoongi smiles and softly pecks Jimin's cheek.

He has gotten bolder and more confident. Jimin smiles and happily snuggles against his beta's side.

The ballroom goes quiet as the new sub-pack enters with Jeon Namgil and Jeon Jinah at the front. When the future Pack Alpha sees the new sub-pack, she instantly smiles and goes to them.

"Thank you for coming." She smiles as she shakes Namgil's and Jinah's hands.

"Of course. You will always have our support." Namgil hums as he smiles at the future Pack Alpha.

"Thank you." The future Pack Alpha hums with gratitude. "Please, enjoy the night."

"Should we feel out the room and see who else is supporting the future Pack Alpha?" Namjoon asks Namgil as they scan the large crowd.

"That is a good idea. Each family pack should stick together, though. I can sense some hostility from the other sub-packs, so don't separate." Jinah responds as she leans into her mate's embrace. 

"Yes, Omega Jeon." Namjoon hums in response before returning to his family.

"What are we doing?" Seokjin asks his mate as Namjoon wraps his arm around his waist.

"We are going as a family pack to talk to the other sub-packs and family packs to feel out the room," Namjoon responds and looks at his family to make sure they are okay with it.

Jungkook quickly pulls his mate and pups closer to him to make sure they do not leave his side. He can sense the tension in the room. 

When they go to a large group to talk, they can feel the hostility from the group members, so they instantly know that the group is from a sub-pack that is against the future Pack Alpha. Namjoon and Seokjin take a quick note of the hostility from the group and exchange pleasantries.

As Namjoon and Seokjin politely talk with the large group, Sungchan quietly watches his brother with a smile. Seokjin has the mate he has always dreamed of. He remembers watching his brother watch the petals from the cherry tree in the yard float in the wind. He remembers the dreamy, far-off look on Seokjin's face while blood caked his flogged back. He knew his brother was escaping their cruel reality to a dream world where a kind mate was taking care of him.

"What are you thinking about?" Hajoon softly asks his mate when he sees a gentle smile on Sungchan's face.

"Just how my brother's life has turned into a fully blossomed cherry tree." Sungchan hums and leans against his mate. "He has a loving mate and beautiful pup. He is independent, yet he has someone he can lean on when he is struggling with something. It is the life he has always prayed for."