Chapter 48: Origins

"Hyung! Noona!" Jimin shouts as his little legs chase after his older brother and cousin.

"I have never been to the original pack before," Taehyung tells his mate as they check their suitcases with a big smile.

Jungkook's gaze saddens as he looks at his mate. When pups come of age to get their wolves, their families take them to the original pack to spend their sixth birthday. Being in the original pack property eases the pain of the first turn and gives the wolf the space they need to run.

"We will go there anytime you want to." Jungkook softly tells his mate as he lovingly pecks his mate's cheek.

"That would be nice. Also, I want to run on the beach sometime." Taehyung responds and gently nuzzles his face against his mate's face.

"Now that our pups are older, we will go for runs frequently." Jungkook smiles as he wraps his mate in his arms.

"How are you feeling?" Taehyung softly asks as his mate pulls him into his lap.

"I am feeling perfectly healthy." Jungkook hums and buries his face in the crook of his mate's neck as he listens to their pups' laughter.

"I love you so much," Taehyung whispers as his mate's scent engulfs him.

"I love you too." Jungkook smiles and kisses his mark on his mate's shoulder.

"Appa! Eomma! Are we ready?!" Hoseok excitedly shouts as he rushes into his parents' room.

"Someone is very excited." Jungkook chuckles and opens his arms for his oldest pup.

"Innie said the old pack is fun." Hoseok grins and runs to his parents.

"Your first run is going to be fun since it is snowing," Jungkook tells his oldest pup as Hoseok crawls into his lap with Taehyung.

"I am happy." Hoseok hums and snuggles in his father's embrace.

Ever since the plane crash, Jimin and Hoseok have slept with their parents, and Jungkook has stayed home with his family. This is their first time leaving their home in four months.

When Namjoon and Seokjin enter the apartment, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Hoseok walk out of the room with the packed suitcases. "Everyone is ready to go to the original pack," Namjoon tells them as he picks his daughter up.

"Thank you for taking care of everything, Hyung." Taehyung smiles and picks up his smiling toddler.

"You are my family-pack." Namjoon smiles in response as he wraps his free arm around his mate's waist.

The drive to the original pack property is buzzing with excitement as Hoseok stares out of the car window and gasps every time he sees something that catches his attention. When Hoseok gasps, Jimin imitates him and claps his hands with excitement.

"Our pups are adorable." Taehyung coos over their link as he turns around to look at Jimin and Hoseok.

"They are the cutest." Jungkook hums in agreement and reaches his free hand over to Taehyung to hold his mate's hand.

When they arrive at the original pack property, the Pack Alpha is waiting for them with a big smile. Jungkook had told her that Taehyung had never been to their pack's origins before, so she worked hard to make sure they would have a lovely stay.

"I didn't realize the Pack Alpha would be here." Taehyung gasps in surprise when he sees the Pack Alpha.

"She seems very fond of you and our pups." Jungkook smiles and lifts his mate's hand to his lips, pressing a tender kiss to the back of his mate's hand.