Chapter 29: Strength

As Taehyung stands in front of a stylist who works for Namjoon's company, he shyly looks around and wishes his alpha was with him. He is currently at Namjoon's company while Jungkook is sitting in on the auditions of the omegas who will be playing the character opposite of him. Jungkook tries his hardest to pay attention to the auditions, but he can feel his mate's discomfort.

"Blossom, are you okay?" Jungkook links his mate when his mate's discomfort does not die down.

"I am okay." Taehyung quickly responds and tries to smile, but the alpha taking his measurements spikes her scent.

"Is Namjoon hyung not with you?" Jungkook asks as he prepares to leave the auditions.

"He had an emergency meeting." Taehyung frowns when the alpha touches his side. "Stop it. I do not want you touching me like that." He grits out when the stylist's fingers brush his sides unnecessarily.

"I am coming. Stop the measurements." Jungkook swiftly marches out of the audition to go to his mate, who is in the same building a few floors above him.

"What about the audition?" Taehyung asks and moves away from the stylist.

"Actors don't usually sit in on the auditions, and I trust the director. Do not worry about it." Jungkook softly responds to his mate.

"Taehyung, don't you remember me? We used to work together." The stylist smiles and reaches out to Taehyung.

"I do not. Stay away until my mate gets here." Taehyung bristles and steps toward the door.

"Omega, why are you frightened of me? You know that I will not hurt you." The alpha growls as her eyes flash red.

"Stay away." Taehyung hisses and yanks the door open.

When Taehyung tries to leave, the alpha grabs him by the wrist, so Taehyung spins around and slaps her across the face. "Alphas like you should be ashamed." He snarls and storms down the hallway. His hands shake as the alpha's pheromones overwhelm him.

"Omegas like you with sweet scents are shameless! You constantly test our patience going out smelling alluring, yet you act all innocent and hurt!" The alpha shouts as she storms toward Taehyung.

The moment the stairwell doors swing open, Jungkook smells his mate's sour scent and the alpha's enraged hormones. "Blossom, I am here. You are okay." Jungkook swiftly wraps his arms around his mate and releases his scent to protect his mate.

"I hate being an omega." Taehyung cries as his alpha protects him. "I hate being weak."

"Tae, you are not weak. That alpha is weak." Jungkook whispers and presses a tender kiss on his mate's head. "Go to Hyung's office. I will handle this." Jungkook gently tells his mate, who looks up at him with teary eyes.

"I slapped her." Taehyung sniffles and snuggles his face against Jungkook's chest.

"Good. I'll slap her too." Jungkook softly praises and gently pushes Taehyung into the elevator.

When Jungkook enters the room, he finds the alpha cowering in a corner. The moment the alpha had sensed Jungkook's presence, she realized she had messed with the wrong omega.

"I do not know what happened or what came over me." The alpha mutters in fear as she looks up at Jungkook.

"You are disgusting. How can an adult alpha not control herself around an omega? Did his post-pregnancy scent really turn you into a feral beast? Are you that much of an animal that you could not control yourself around a sweet scent? You made my omega cry." Jungkook snarls as he kneels down to her level and grabs her hair. "You made him cry."