Chapter 58: Sweet Peppermint

"Pups! Let's go!" Jungkook shouts as he packs the lunches for Hoseok and Jimin.

"Appa! I can't find my favorite socks." Jimin cries as he walks out of the room he and Hoseok share.

"The yellow ones?" Jungkook asks as he quickly rushes over to his eight-year-old pup.

"Yeah." Jimin sniffles and looks down at his bare feet.

"I washed them last night with the light load," Jungkook explains as he rushes to the drier and pulls out the little yellow socks with cute duckies on them. "There you go, Moon." Jungkook smiles and pecks his pup's forehead.

"Okay! I've got everything!" Hoseok shouts as he rushes out of the room with his hair a mess and his uniform tie crooked.

"Come here." Jungkook chuckles and pulls Hoseok to stand in front of him to run his fingers through his son's hair, and then he straightens out his son's tie. "Now we are all ready to go." Jungkook hums once his pups are ready to go.

The drive to school is filled with excited chatting as Jimin and Hoseok talk about what is planned for the day. Jungkook happily listens to his pups. Today is the first day of the new school year, so his pups are very excited.

"Sunshine, this is your stop," Jungkook tells his oldest pup as he pulls up to Hoseok's school.

"Jongie is here! There's Star!" Hoseok shouts with excitement as he swings open his door.

"Bye, Hyungie!" Jimin squeals and reaches his hands out to hug his older brother.

"Bye-bye, Moon. Have fun at school today." Hoseok beams as he wraps his little brother in his embrace.

"Remember, if anything happens, call your Eomma or me!" Jungkook quickly gets out of the car to hug his oldest son.

"I will." Hoseok smiles as his father hugs him. 

"I love you. Have a wonderful day at school." Jungkook kisses the top of his growing son's head.

"Love you too, Appa!" Hoseok grins and runs off to join his waiting friends.

"We are going to be in the same homeroom this year! My Eomma made sure of it." Jongin explains to his friends as they run into the school together.

"Awesome!" Hoseok cheers and jumps in the air.

"Why do you look so forlorn?" Jongin asks Hyesun as they walk to their class together.

"Moon is turning nine in a month." Hyesun pouts as she hugs Hoseok.

"Really?! Woah! I thought he was still five!" Jongin shrieks in surprise as he looks at Hoseok for confirmation.

"Really. He's still so tiny, though." Hoseok smiles, thinking about his adorable younger brother.

"He reminds me of our tiny halmeoni." Hyesun hums as she thinks about Jungkook's parents who have become grandparents for her.

"He's a lot like her. Scary, too." Hoseok shivers when he remembers accidentally taking the last piece of chicken that Jimin wanted.

"He is the cutest! What are you talking about?!" Jongin gasps with horror as they sit down at their desks.

"You try taking the food he wants." Hoseok chuckles and pats his friend's shoulder.

"He would let Jongie have it." Hyesun laughs and shakes her head.

"I've honestly only seen him angry once, and I do not want to see it again. He's a cherub most of the time." Hoseok explains as they scoot their desks closer together.