Chapter 26: The Brave One

"What on earth is going on here?" A woman's voice draws the attention of everyone.

"Pack Alpha!" They all very quickly bow to their pack alpha.

"This young alpha is trying to take our son away from us and his betrothed." Seokjin's mother very quickly tells the Pack Alpha.

"Beta Kim, tell me what is going on." The Pack Alpha looks at Seokjin, who is desperately holding Namjoon's hand.

"My family is trying to sell me to an alpha I do not know. Alpha Kim has already scented me. We plan on mating." Seokjin answers and looks at the Pack Alpha with eyes begging her not to let his family sell him. "That alpha has challenged my future mate to a fight to force me to mate him."

"An old antiquated law that is frowned upon is being used. I never thought that anyone in my pack would ever use such a disgusting law. I am grateful that Alpha Jeon called me. He was worried that something might happen to his friends. Since only the inter-pack counsel can abolish this law, I will fight in Alpha Kim's place. When I win this fight, you will be banished from this pack for trying to traffic your son." The Pack Alpha looks at Seokjin's mortified parents.

"This is a tradition that has been in our family for generations!" Seokjin's mother shouts in horror as the Pack Alpha prepares to fight.

"If Beta Kim had wanted to mate that alpha, I would not care. But, he does not wish to mate with that alpha. He has already chosen a mate, and you are trying to force him to mate another." The Pack Alpha explains with a disapproving frown.

"Pack Alpha, I can take this fight." Namjoon quickly bows to the Pack Alpha.

"I know you can, Alpha Kim, but I plan on making an example out of these people. The inter-pack counsel will know that I am strongly against these antiquated laws." The Pack Alpha responds and motions for Alpha Jung to fight her.

"Pack Alpha, you can't do this to me! You and I grew up together!" Seokjin's mother cries out.

"We did, and I thought you would be different than your parents. I was wrong." The Pack Alpha hums and lunges at Alpha Jung in her wolf form.

Knowing that it is futile to fight the Pack Alpha, Alpha Jung quickly kneels in submission. The Pack Alpha quickly turns human and stands in front of the submitting alpha.

"The entire Kim family, except for Kim Seokjin, are banished. Leave this moment." The Pack Alpha announces without looking at her childhood friend.

"Please, spare my siblings. They were raised in the same horrible environment." Seokjin quickly falls to his knees in front of the Pack Alpha.

"Very well, every Kim child, except for the eldest and her family, may stay." The Pack Alpha softly responds and has Seokjin stand to his feet. "This family compound now belongs to Kim Seokjin. I am placing the remaining Kim family in Kim Seokjin's care."

Seokjin stares at the Pack Alpha in surprise and relief. As Seokjin stares at her in surprise, the Pack Alpha softly smiles and pats his shoulder. "I know you will take good care of your family. You are pure and kind."

"Soyeon! You can't do this!" Seokjin's mother shouts as the Pack Alpha's guards drag her out of the beautiful residence.

"I left you alone in hopes that you would change, but I will never let you continue to abuse your children or to traffic your children." The Pack Alpha responds and looks at her childhood friend with sorrow and disappointment.

Seokjin quietly watches as his mother, father, older sister, and older sister's family are dragged out of the family compound. As he watches them scream and cry, he remembers the times he would lie on his stomach under the cherry tree with blood trickling down his back while the cherry petals would float around him. With tears streaming down his face, he planned the day he would be able to escape.