Chapter 86: Challenge

The room is quiet as the leaders of the two sub-packs sit in the large conference room. The tension in the air is tangible as they wait for the Sub-Pack Alphas to enter the room. Taehyung is fuming as he glares down the alpha sitting across from him. Because the Baek Sub-Pack is staunchly traditional, the omega mates of the alphas in the room are not allowed to attend. However, the Jeon Sub-Pack is set up very differently. Omegas are leaders just as powerful their alpha mates. 

When the doors to the conference room open, everyone stands up and bows to their Sub-Pack Alphas. Namgil and Sub-Pack Alpha Baek sit at opposite ends of the large conference table.

To Namgil's right is his mate, and to his left is his daughter, Jihyun. To Baek's right is the alpha he chose to be his Sub-Pack Beta, and to his left is the alpha he chose to be his Sub-Pack Gamma.

"Why are there so many omegas and betas at this table? The disrespect." An alpha from the Baek Sub-Pack scoffs, earning a displeased growl from the omegas and betas in the Jeon Sub-Pack.

"Do not disrespect my council members. Keep your council under control." Jeon Namgil growls and glares at Baek. 

"Why have you summoned this meeting?" Sub-Pack Alpha Baek asks as he motions for his alphas to calm down.

"I have found some disturbing evidence." Namgil hums and tosses the envelope onto the table. "As you know, it is against pack policy to follow the private life of someone who is not a public figure. I have evidence that you hired a paparazzi to follow my grandson, Jeon Hoseok. My grandson has made it very clear that he wants a private life outside of the eyes of the public. Since he is not a public figure, this is an illegal activity. I have called this meeting to inform you that we are pressing charges." 

"Are you serious?! He is the son of a famous actor, the nephew of a chairman of an entertainment company, and the grandson of a Sub-Pack leader!" Baek shouts as he slams his fists on the table.

"Just because someone's family is filled with public figures does not make that person a public figure. Jeon Hoseok does not even have social media because he knows that will garner attention. His only dream is to run the flower shop with his mother." Namgil growls as he tries to stay calm.

"We will press charges. We are only holding this meeting as a formality to inform you as respectfully as possible." Jinah calmly tells Baek as she places her hand on her mate's fists to calm him down.

"How dare you speak to me, omega?!" Baek hisses and spits with disgust.

When Jungkook, Jihyun, and Soohyun slam their fists on the table in anger, everyone turns to look at them in shock. "Do not EVER speak to our mother like that again!" Soohyun roars as his eyes glow dangerously red. "You are the one who miscalculated and committed an illegal act. You are the one at fault here, so stop acting like a petulant pup and lower your scent. There are omegas and betas in here!"

"Traditional sub-packs are a stain on our pack." Jihyun snarls with disgust as she looks at the alphas in the Baek Sub-Pack.

"Maybe that is why the Baek Sub-Pack is crumbling." Taehyung calmly hums as he gently pulls Jungkook back into his seat.

"Most likely." Seokjin chuckles in agreement and places his hand on Namjoon's shoulder as his mate seethes with anger.

"How dare you insult us?! Why would an omega do better in business than an alpha?!" One of the alphas from the Baek Sub-Pack shouts out in anger.

"No one said that an omega is better than an alpha. There are people in each sub-gender that are smarter than someone in another sub-gender. Not all alphas are smarter than all omegas." Seokjin calmly responds as he tightens his grip on Namjoon's shoulder when his mate growls.