Chapter 45: Mending

"APPA!" Jimin and Hoseok suddenly wail when they can no longer hold in their emotions.

"My pups." Jungkook tearily smiles as he reaches his hand down to hold their hands.

"You're hurt." Hoseok whimpers as he looks up at his father.

"I am okay. I promise." Jungkook squeezes their little hands to comfort them.

"Appa!" Jimin wails and lifts his chubby hands up for his father to hold him.

As Taehyung tries to lift Jimin into his arms, he collapses to the ground and whimpers in pain. Jungkook chokes on a sob as he helplessly watches his mate tremble in pain on the ground. "Eomma!" Hoseok quickly rushes over to his omega parent and tries to help him get up.

"I'm okay. I am just tired." Taehyung softly smiles at his pup and hugs him as he tries to catch his breath.

Through his drug-hazed mind, Jungkook is unable to comprehend what is happening around him. He can barely move his arm to reach out to his shaking mate.

"Tae! Oh god!" Seokjin shouts as he rushes into the hospital room and quickly helps Taehyung up.

"Jungkook, how are you feeling?" Namjoon asks as he walks over to the younger alpha. As Namjoon examines Jungkook, he sees that Jungkook's mark remains. Because Jungkook's heart stopped beating, his mark on Taehyung disappeared, but since Taehyung was still alive, Jungkook's mark remained. This causes only Taehyung to feel the pain of a broken bond.

"I'm okay," Jungkook responds and watches his mate with worry.

"Your parents are flying in. They'll land in about two hours. Your siblings are coming as well." Namjoon tells Jungkook and picks Hoseok up to comfort him.

"How many of us survived?" Jungkook asks as he worries about his mate.

"Fifteen of you survived. Five are in comas. Two made it out with barely a scratch. The rest are like you." Namjoon answers and sets Hoseok next to Taehyung on the couch in the room.

"Hyung, I am okay. I really am." Taehyung shakily stands up from the couch and walks over to his mate, who is on the verge of tears.

"Come here." Jungkook weakly motions for his mate to get in the bed with him.

"I don't want to hurt you," Taehyung mutters with worry as he clings to the hospital bed to hold him up.

"Please." Jungkook's eyes tear up as he longs to wrap his mate in his arms.

With a worried smile, Taehyung gets into the bed with Seokjin's help. The moment Taehyung is next to him, Jungkook wraps his arms around him and holds him tight. When Jungkook holds him, Taehyung instantly sobs and clings to his injured mate.

As the mates cry, Namjoon and Seokjin take care of the pups. Jimin and Hoseok sit on their uncles' laps and quietly watch their parents. As their parents cry, Hoseok holds his little brother's hand and sits as close to him as possible. With a quiet sniffle, Jimin looks up at his older brother and cries.

"Hyung is here." Hoseok smiles and pulls Jimin out of Seokjin's lap to hold him. The omega pup cries as his older brother comforts him and protects him.

Within a few minutes, Taehyung falls asleep in his alpha's protective embrace. Once Taehyung is asleep, Jungkook looks at his pups and smiles. Jimin is peacefully sleeping in Hoseok's arms while Hoseok is sleeping in Namjoon's lap.

"What happened to me? When can I get out of here?" Jungkook asks as he gently presses his mate's face against his chest.

"Jungkook, you need to be careful. Your left leg is broken. You broke five ribs. There was a lot of internal bleeding. You feel okay right now because you are drugged up, but your body is really broken. I didn't want to say anything in front of Taehyung because he is fragile from the broken bond, but you need to be careful." Namjoon softly explains while Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise.