Chapter 75: Family

"I can't sing this." Jimin hums as he turns his mic off, surprising Yoongi. Jimin quickly explains that before Yoongi panics and insecurity settles in Yoongi's heart. "It is because it is already perfect in your voice. The emotions you convey are incredible. I could never replicate it because these are your emotions. I could never disrespect your work like this." 

"I can write another song," Yoongi suggests as Jimin sits next to him.

"No. This song is perfect. I want to dance to this song. I want to express the emotions I feel when I hear you sing and rap. According to the instructions, we do not both have to sing. What do you think?" Jimin softly asks as he holds Yoongi's hand.

"We can do two songs. I really like hearing you sing and watching you dance." Yoongi shyly admits as he intertwines their fingers. "There is a song that I wrote specifically for you. I can play the guitar while you sing."

"I want to hear it." Jimin beams with excitement.

"I named it 'Serendipity.'" Yoongi smiles as he opens the file on his laptop. "Ignore my voice because this really is written for you."

As they listen to serendipity, Jimin's eyes sparkle with joy. He hums along as he rests his head on Yoongi's shoulder. Once the song is over, Jimin pulls Yoongi into a kiss and smiles. "It is perfect. 'First Love' and 'Serendipity' are perfect for us."

For the next several days, Yoongi and Jimin practice their performance for their class. As Jimin sings Serendipity, Yoongi listens with the brightest smile. Jimin has been his muse ever since he first laid eyes on him, and now Jimin is singing the song he wrote for him.

While Jimin and Yoongi work on their project, Seokjin and Namjoon poke their heads into their at-home recording studio to check in on the pair. When they see the pair happily working on their project together, they both smile and leave them be.

"Would you sign him to your company?" Seokjin asks his mate as they go to the kitchen together to prepare a snack for Jimin and Yoongi.

"I would be insane not to. The talent he has. I just hope he does not think I want to sign him because of family. I would literally grovel at his feet if I had to." Namjoon chuckles as he leans against the counter and watches his mate.

"It is a shame that so many companies would overlook his talent because he is a beta." Seokjin sighs as he peels the tangerine.

"Those companies are filled with idiots." Namjoon huffs and crosses his arms over his chest. "I am lucky that I have the backing from the Jeons because dealing with those other companies can get very frustrating."

"You protected their son when they had to hurt him to protect him. You will always have their unwavering support." Seokjin hums and plops a piece of sliced apple in Namjoon's mouth.

"That was so long ago. Now Jungkook's pups are grown up and courting. Now our pup is grown up and courting." Namjoon sighs as he remembers the days when the pups were small.

"No matter their age, they are always causing trouble and mischief." Seokjin chuckles as he looks at the lizard his daughter brought home after rescuing it from someone who did not know how to care for it.

"Very true." Namjoon grins and shakes his head. "That thing still freaks me out."

"Somehow, our daughter ended up being the wildest out of the bunch." Seokjin laughs as he carries the plate of fruits to the studio.

"I blame it on her being raised with only boys." Namjoon chuckles as he follows his mate to the studio.

"Can I come in?" Seokjin asks as he cracks the door open.