Chapter 73: Poisonous Smiles

The home is filled with controlled chaos as stylists prepare the family for the big event in the evening. 

"I don't know if that goes with his suit." Taehyung hums as he examines his mate. "He's growing it out for his upcoming show, and it is lightly permed. I think it will look good down." 

"Hmm, I agree." Wonhee hums as she grabs the products needed for Jungkook's hair.

"Is it itchy? It looks itchy." Hoseok worries as he looks at his boyfriend.

"Jeon Hoseok, why would I ever put something itchy on your boyfriend?" Wonhee scoffs and looks over at Hoseok and Bogum.

"What about that sweater you dressed me in for that event? It was the itchiest fabric on the planet." Hoseok argues and crosses his arms.

"I didn't know that the designer had changed the fabric to rough wool. I would never have dressed you in it if I had known." Wonhee chuckles as she works on Jungkook's hair.

"Here. Feel it." Bogum hums and folds the sleeve for Hoseok to check. When Hoseok feels that the fabric is silky, he hums with approval.

"What do you think about makeup?" Ga-eun asks Yoongi as he looks at the different products.

"Are you going to wear makeup?" Yoongi signs as he looks up at his boyfriend.

"I am." Jimin hums and points to the products that Ga-eun prepared for him.

"Can I wear the minimum? I would like some, but I have never worn makeup before." Yoongi signs in response.

"He wants something very minimal. Hyung has never worn makeup before," Jimin explains to Ga-eun, so she looks through the products she brought and chooses what would work for Yoongi. She understands sign language, but she knows that Yoongi only wants to speak through Jimin, so she does not intrude.

"Yoongi-ssi, I will do your makeup first so that you have time to decide whether you like it or not. If you do not like it, you can always wash it off. I promise that I will not be upset in any way. Trying something for the first time can be unnerving." Ga-eun softly tells Yoongi as she prepares the products she picked out for him.

"Thank you." Yoongi signs and watches as Ga-eun gets the products ready.

When Ga-eun begins putting the makeup on Yoongi, she softly explains every product to him. She knows that knowing what is being put on a person helps them stay calm and relaxed. Before she puts on any product, she explains it and asks if Yoongi is okay with wearing it. After thinking for a few moments, Yoongi softly hums in approval.

Once Ga-eun has finished, Yoongi quietly looks at himself and takes in his new appearance. When a smile grows on his face, he quickly looks at Jimin to see what he thinks. "Wow. Hyung, you look absolutely stunning." Jimin praises as he admires his boyfriend. "Do you like it?"

"Yes." Yoongi smiles and gets up so that Jimin can sit down and get ready. As Ga-eun prepares Jimin for the evening, Yoongi listens to his parents' surprised gasps as they are dolled up for the event. His parents were shocked when Jungkook and Taehyung prepared outfits for them for the evening. He remembers how worried they were that they would not have clothes appropriate for the extravagant party.

"Omo! Boyoung! You look absolutely gorgeous!" Seokjin's voice fills the home as he gasps over the stunning omega.

"Thank you. Not as lovely as you though." Boyoung blushes as she runs her hands down the dress she is wearing.

By the time everyone is ready to go, Namjoon checks to make sure that everyone has what they need for the party. When he sees that Yoongi is already wearing his headphones, he smiles at the nervous beta. "Don't worry. You won't be alone at the party." He softly tells Yoongi.