Chapter 24: Angel

When Taehyung wakes up after a very long night filled with heat after heat, he realizes that he is snuggled against something very warm and soft. The omega's eyes widen when he realizes that he is being cradled in a large, black wolf's embrace.

"Hyung," Taehyung whispers as he brushes his fingers through the thick fur of the large wolf.

The large wolf's eyes open when he feels his mate's fingers tangling in his fur. When he realizes that he is in his wolf form, Jungkook wags his tail.

"You are beautiful!" Taehyung squeals and snuggles against the large wolf.

"Thank you." Jungkook hums and nuzzles his snout against his mate's face.

Taehyung happily purrs because he feels so safe wrapped in his mate's embrace. He smiles as he plays with Jungkook's tail. The alpha's ears twitch as he listens to every sound in the large apartment building. It has been quite a while since he was last in his wolf form, so he is having to adjust to the sensitivity of his senses.

"I read that alphas turn to their wolves unexpectedly when they feel very protective," Taehyung explains and looks into his mate's glowing red eyes.

"Makes sense. You are getting closer to the due date. Being away from you for even a small moment is quite frustrating." Jungkook responds as he looks into his mate's sparkling eyes. "Sunshine is back with the hyungs."

"Oh!" Taehyung squeaks and quickly covers himself with the large blanket.

When Hoseok charges into his parents' room full of excitement, he freezes in his spot and stares at the large wolf on his parents' bed. "APPA!" Hoseok screams in excitement and runs as fast as his little legs can carry him to the bed.

Jungkook happily rumbles when his pup scrambles onto the bed and excitedly tumbles all over him. The omega coos as he watches his excited pup play with Jungkook.

While Hoseok plays with Jungkook, Taehyung quickly grabs a pair of Jungkook's shorts from the nest and shimmies them on.

"Why is Jungkook's scent so strong?" Namjoon grumbles with a frown as he walks to the door of the bedroom to shut it. When Namjoon reaches out for the door handle to shut the door, Jungkook growls in warning. "Don't worry, you possessive brat. I'm just shutting the door." Namjoon grumbles and shuts the door.

"It doesn't look like they ate anything last night," Seokjin mumbles to himself as he looks through the refrigerator.

"Be careful. Jungkook seems to be a protective ass right now." Namjoon warns his boyfriend and walks into the kitchen.

"Well, Tae is having a harder time right now, so it makes sense." Seokjin chuckles and grabs food to heat up for Taehyung and Jungkook.

After a few minutes, Taehyung and Hoseok walk out of the bedroom with a large wolf following behind. Seokjin's eyes widen in surprise as he looks at Jungkook's wolf form for the first time.

"Damn. He got really protective." Namjoon mutters as he stares at the large wolf he has only seen once.

"I woke up to him like this." Taehyung smiles and pets Jungkook.

"Why in the heck didn't you turn back?" Namjoon frowns and shakes his head, causing Jungkook to huff with a small growl.

"He has a beautiful wolf form." Taehyung hums and leans against the large wolf.

"Well, I can't argue with that." Namjoon chuckles and shakes his head. "Jinnie is heating up food for you to eat since you two didn't eat anything last night."

"Thank you, Hyung." Taehyung smiles as Seokjin places food on the table.

"There is no need to thank me," Seokjin responds with a happy smile.