Chapter 41: Evening Together

"What do you mean he walked and spoke his first words, and we weren't there?!" Seokjin shouts over the phone as his mate panics next to him.

"My Appa filmed it, so you can see it." Jungkook chuckles as his father sends the video to Namjoon and Seokjin.

"Of all the weekends to mate, we chose this weekend." Seokjin and Namjoon groan in frustration. "We missed both Sunny's and Moon's first walks and first words," Namjoon whines as he wraps his mate in his arms.

"How was mating?" Taehyung asks as he watches Jimin clumsily toddle after his very excited older brother.

"It was really nice, a bit like heaven." Seokjin blushes as he answers Taehyung's question.

"I am the luckiest person alive. Really." Namjoon coos and softly kisses his mark on his mate's shoulder.

"Young couples are so sweet." Namgil hums as he cradles his sleeping mate in his arms.

"Says the grossest couple to ever exist." Jungkook chuckles as he looks at his sweet parents.

"Appa! Eomma! Look!" Hoseok squeals as he picks Jimin up and carries him to his parents.

"Sunshine is so strong!" Taehyung instantly praises as his oldest pup carries the youngest pup.

"Strong like Appa and smart like Eomma!" Hoseok cheers as he places Jimin in his mother's lap.

"Sunshine is definitely smart like Eomma and strong like Appa." Jungkook chuckles as he pecks his son's head.

"At least he knows his parents well." Namgil laughs and pats his son's back.

"What cute thing did we miss this time?" Seokjin whines over the phone.

"Hyung, enjoy your time with Namjoon hyung." Jungkook laughs and hangs up the call, knowing Seokjin is probably screeching at the moment.

"That was nasty." Taehyung grimaces because he could hear Namjoon sucking on Seokjin's body.

As they continue to watch Hoseok play, Jinah's phone rings. The omega wakes up with a disgruntled frown as she grabs her phone. "I thought that I told you I was spending time with my family and not to disturb me." Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise when he heard Jungkook's mother's tone turn icy. 

"That's the mother I grew up with." Jungkook chuckles when he sees the surprise in Taehyung's eyes.

"I understand now what you meant when you said that she is more like an alpha than an omega when it comes to business," Taehyung mutters in awe as he watches his mother-in-law tear into whoever called her.

"Sorry about that. It shouldn't happen again today." Jinah smiles as she tosses her phone into the deepest, darkest depths of her large, designer purse.

"Jungkook, your siblings just asked if they could come over and meet your family." Namgil hands his phone to his son.

"What do you think?" Jungkook asks his mate as they read the text.

"They can come," Taehyung responds and pecks his mate's cheek.

"Sunshine, what do you think of meeting my siblings?" Jungkook softly asks his son, who looks up at him with big eyes.

"Samchon and Imu? Okay." Hoseok nods in agreement and goes back to coloring.

Within forty minutes, Jungkook's siblings arrive at his home. When the bell rings, Jungkook gets up to answer the door.

"Omo! Jungkookie has gotten so big!" Jungkook's older sister squeals and pinches his cheeks.

"When did you get bigger than me?" His older brother gasps and smacks Jungkook's chest.