Chapter 44: Storm

"Blossom, my plane is taking off soon." Jungkook smiles as he looks at his family over the video call.

"You really are taking an earlier flight." Taehyung gasps in excitement.

"Of course. I can't wait to be back with my family. I will land in six hours." Jungkook hums and watches as his mate's eyes sparkle with happiness.

"Appa, we miss you!" Hoseok squeals as he happily holds two-year-old Jimin in his arms.

"I miss you too." Jungkook coos as he looks at his sweet pups.

"Appa." Jimin giggles and reaches his small hands out for the phone.

"Please turn all phones to airplane mode." The main flight attendant announces as they prepare for take off.

"I will talk to you later. I love you guys so much." Jungkook smiles as he lovingly looks at his family.

"We love you too. We will see you soon." Taehyung kisses the camera and waves.

For the rest of the day, Taehyung excitedly gets his pups ready to go and pick up Jungkook from the airport.

"Do we have everything?" Seokjin asks as he checks the little day bags they are packing for the pups.

"Diapers, snacks, extra pair of clothes, toys, and blankets. It looks like we have everything." Taehyung smiles and zips up the bags.

"They're coming home early." Seokjin beams as he grabs the little day bags for the pups.

"I could wait in the airport all day for Jungkook if I had to." Taehyung softly laughs and pats Hoseok's head.

"Honestly, I could do the same for Joon." Seokjin chuckles and grabs the car keys.

When they arrive at the airport, they go to a seating area that has a view of the incoming flights. "Eomma, is that where Appa will be?" Hoseok asks as he points at the planes.

"Yes. You'll get to see your Appa's plane land." Taehyung smiles as he holds his oldest pup's hand.

"Pwane!" Jimin squeals and claps as he watches a plane land.

"Is Appa landing soon?" Hoseok asks and looks up at his smiling omega parent.

"Very soon." Taehyung hums and bounces Jimin on his hip.

"Tae, I have to go to the restroom. I'll be right back." Seokjin tells Taehyung before rushing off.

As Taehyung waits, standing with Jimin in his arms and Hoseok standing beside him, they watch as a storm suddenly appears over the airport. Taehyung's grip on Jimin tightens when lightning lights up the darkening sky.

"Blossom, I love you." Jungkook's sudden voice over their link, filled with fear, scares Taehyung.

"Hyung, what is wrong?" Taehyung asks as he watches the plane coming in for landing suddenly be surrounded by lightning. "Jungkook! Hyung!" Taehyung's eyes widen in horror when lightning suddenly strikes the plane, causing the plane to crash to the ground. "No. Please. No." He trembles as the mark on his shoulder begins to burn. "Hyung." He whispers as everything around him fills with chaos. People scream as they watch the plane crash to the ground.

"Flight 3981 has crashed! All emergency services to the runway! All other flights are being diverted to JKT. Everyone, please stay calm and let emergency services get to the crash." Taehyung's world spins when he hears the announcement that blares throughout the entire airport.

"No. Jungkook." Taehyung whispers and collapses to the ground as excruciating pain courses through his body.

Jimin and Hoseok cling to their omega parent in fear and confusion as people around them scream and cry.