Chapter 6 Going to the market

Yan's mother rolled up the mat and tied it up, and helped Yan Junqi carry it on his back.

Fifteen-year-old Yan Junqi was immediately made shorter again.

She felt distressed and her eyes turned red, but she held back, "It doesn't matter if it's cheaper, as long as you can sell it. Come back and buy a pound of salt. You can buy some pen and ink with the remaining money. Remember to buy some if you and Brother Xu are hungry at noon. food."

Yan Junqi nodded, "I understand, mother."

Lu Xu was carrying a basket, and the can of fried snails was placed in the frame. Yuan Manniang went to the river early in the morning and pulled some wide reed leaves to use as a bag for him.

The basket alone was quite heavy. Lu Xu weighed it, missing the light yet strong plastic bags.

He sighed silently and came out of the house.

Yuan Manniang chased him and told him, "If you can sell it cheaper, sell it. If you can't sell it, it's okay to carry it back. Watch the money carefully, be careful on the road, don't sell it too late, and come back with someone before dark."

"I know." Lu Xu grabbed the hemp rope on his shoulder, thinking about how to carry the basket more easily. But when he saw Yan Junqi when he went out, he was immediately speechless.

Yan Junqi found it difficult to stand, how could he walk? !

He originally wanted to ask Yan's mother if she was treating her son like an animal, but seeing her red eyes, she held back her words. He clenched his fist and then unclenched it. Yan Junqi, like him, is already the backbone of the family.

When Yan's mother saw him coming out, she couldn't help but ask him to take care of Yan Junqi.

Lu Xu responded.

Lu Xu had been to the county before and often worked in the fields. Yan Junqi had been studying since he was a child and had never done heavy work.

The two of them walked out of the village and couldn't see Yan's mother and Yuan Maniang. Lu Xu asked, "Is it okay? Let's switch?"

Yan Junqi shook his head.

Lu Xu: "You are so tired and sick, and it will cost more to see a doctor."

When they arrived at the entrance of the village, Yan Junqi was already sweating. He smiled quietly and said, "This mat looks big, but it is actually light. If I can't carry it anymore, I won't ask you to help me again."

Lu Xu was helpless: "Okay."

Seeing that Yan Junqi was struggling to walk, he couldn't say anything. Lu Xu and Yan Junqi were not very familiar with each other before, and Yan Junqi was probably too tired to bother him.

Lu Xu fell one step behind, holding Yan Junqi's sweeping blow from behind. Yan Junqi felt a sudden light on his shoulders, turned around, and faced Lu Xu's impatient face.

Lu Xuhao raised his head and said without any doubt, "Let's go!"

Yan Junqi nodded, "Thank you."

The two of them walked for nearly two hours, which usually takes dozens of minutes. When they arrived at the market, the good seats were almost occupied. If it was just Lu Xu, he would have squeezed in by finding a gap between two stalls, but Yan Junqi's To spread out the mats for people to choose from, a neat open space must be found.

Yan Junqi looked at it and said, "Brother Xu, I will find a place by myself."

Lu Xu: "Together."

He has to be loyal. How can he let Yan Junqi find a place by himself with such difficulty? This kid is thin-skinned and 80% of the time he doesn't know how to bargain. If he doesn't watch, he won't be tricked? "We came out together, of course we have to do it together."