Chapter 99 Red Envelope

Cook dumplings, stir-fry vegetables, serve dishes, stew chicken, duck, fish, ribs, steam vegetables, and put it on the table.

After the dumplings were taken out of the pot, Yuan Manniang brought them to the gods and ancestors. They deliberately gave up the main seats and put the bowls and chopsticks on them.

La Yue held a vinegar jar with garlic and poured Laba vinegar into the bowls one by one. "Brother, do you want some garlic?"

Lu Xu said while fishing for dumplings: "I want two."

In the twelfth lunar month, he took the prepared dry chopsticks and fished out two pieces of green Laba garlic, and then put two drops of sesame oil into his vinegar dish.

December: "Brother Zhou, do you want it?"

Lu Zhou: "No, put a few more for dad, he loves it most."

December: "Yeah."

As she mixed the garlic, she murmured to the empty seat of honor, "Daddy, eat more, and tomorrow we, uncles, aunts, brothers and sisters will go visit you!"

Lu Rui sat at the end holding his small wooden bowl and small spoon, swaying his little feet and staring at his sister. He was also jealous!

Lu Xu fished out bowlfuls of dumplings, and Lu Zhou put them on the table one by one. Maybe he was involved in making dumplings and started eating. Lu Rui's dumplings tasted better than meat, and he continued to eat them one after another.

When it came to the vigil, Lu Rui couldn't stand it any longer. Even though Lu Xu had been telling fairy tales, and he heard that Lu Yue wanted to sit on his lap and listen closely, Yuan Maniang and Lu Zhou were also concentrating, and Lu Rui was still nestled in Yuan Maniang's arms. Dozed off.

As soon as Lu Xu talked about the ugly duckling turning into a swan, he heard a small snoring, and Lu Rui fell asleep at some point.

Lu Zhou and La Yue ran to the bedroom, took out Lu Rui's small mattress, quilt and pillows, and spread them on the table. Yuan Manniang put Lu Rui into bed, and the family continued to stay up late listening to stories by the stove.

After Lu Xu finished telling "The Little Mermaid", seeing the tears in her eyes, she coaxed her, "This story tells us that men are stupid donkeys, and smart little girls must not be deceived. Do you understand?"

La Yue's eyes were still moist, and she retorted with a milky voice, "Brother is not an idiot."

Lu Xu was happy to be refuted, "Well, not my brother. My brother is the smartest."

La Yue nodded and added: "Neither is Brother Zhou, nor is Brother Junqi, nor is Brother Xiaohui, nor is Brother Xiaoxuan, nor is Brother Xiaowen."

She counted the men she knew on her fingers, from her grandfather to her younger brother, as well as the children of relatives and neighbors, and finally said with a smile: "Wen Zhen is!"

Yuan Manniang smiled, "Just bully Wen Zhen for her good temper."

Staying up until dawn, the twelfth lunar month also fell asleep. Lu Zhou dozed off leaning on Lu Xu, and Lu Xu had a heartache again and again.

Hearing the commotion in the village, Lu Xu told Lu Zhou to wake up and quickly cook dumplings to eat. After eating, they would set off to the elders' homes in the village to pay New Year's greetings. After the New Year's greetings, they would go to worship their ancestors with their uncles and brothers in the clan. After the ancestor worship, , and then take tributes to worship at the graves of relatives in each family.

All of this needs to be done in the morning, so the whole morning is quite busy.

Lu Xu cooked the dumplings made last night and asked Lu Zhou to wake up Lu Yue and Lu Rui. They had lost their appetite in the morning and were still not hungry even after sleeping for a long time. Lu Xu gave everyone some dumpling soup, which was not warm. It is easy to catch a cold if you don’t go out.