Chapter 183 Mutton Hot Pot

Lu Xu listened to Yan Junqi's suggestion and asked Lu Wen to find the local small grain merchants in Guanyang early the next morning.

Some of them lived in the county, and some were in other towns. It took a full day to gather the people together.

Lu Xu listed three plans. The first one was for him to help them contact the Valiant Cavalry Army. In the future, they would directly sell grain to the Valiant Cavalry Army.

The second is to sell the grain to him, pay for the goods, and hire someone to deliver it himself.

The third option is to sell it to him, but the small grain merchants will handle the transportation themselves. He will pay an extra 400 cents per stone.

No matter which one I chose this time, it was actually Lu Xu who paid for it this time, but he chose the first option. Only this time, he paid for it on behalf of the Xiaoqi Army. From now on, they would sell it to the Xiaoqi Army themselves. If the Knights cannot pay in time, they have to bear the risk.

However, this is not without its benefits. By trading with Xiaoqijun, they will have great guarantees if they want to open up the Shuozhou market in the future.

Lu Xu did not urge them, and let them think slowly, "You can just give me the news within three days, and we will set off in five days."

The small merchants confirmed to him again: "Only deliver to the ancient road at the junction of Chongning and Dengzhou?"

Lu Xu: "Yes, the Cavalry Army cannot cross the county to enter our Longxing, otherwise I will lead them to Guanyang to collect them, so you don't have to go to such trouble."

Small merchants don’t find it troublesome at all.

As long as they don't have to go to Shuozhou, they are relieved.

After a discussion with acquaintances, good relations, and similar situations, more than half of them wrote back to Lu Xu the next day——

Only a small part of them chose the second option for insurance purposes and sold them to Lu Xu, clearing both money and goods. In addition, some brave people chose the first option, and most of them chose the third option.

Those who can work as local grain merchants have well-off families. It is not difficult to get some young people from their own homes or relatives' homes. If it is not possible, it is easy to hire people from the dock.

The road is easy to walk now. Although it is farther from Guanyang to Chongning than from Guanyang to the prefecture, if we walk faster on the road, we will arrive in ten days.

According to the current price of porters in Guanyang, a day laborer is forty to fifty cents a day, a long-term worker of more than ten days is forty cents a day, and a round trip of twenty days works out to eight hundred cents for a porter.

I heard that the big rocks on the trade road have been removed and the pits have been filled. A small cart with two porters and a large cart with three are enough.

Calculated this way, they can make a lot more money per car.

Lu Xu registered their names and places of origin, calculated how many cars and food they brought, and paid half of the silver as a deposit.

After the grain merchants got the money, they immediately went to the dock to recruit workers.

Lu Xu took the account book and calculated carefully with Lu Wen.

Lu Wen couldn't help but exclaimed: "Brother, you are so good at this!"

He saved some money and Lu Xu spent it.