Chapter 109 Night Talk

The county magistrate asked Lu Xu to wait aside, and then asked him to come in after finishing his business.

He had been in contact with Lu Xu several times, and he actually had a good impression of this young man who was afraid of him when they first met, but became more and more familiar with him later on.

Probably because as I get older and my patience grows, it's hard not to like this young man who is energetic, lively, capable of tossing, and has a bottom line.

Lu Xushui came in by a familiar door and saw the county magistrate drinking tea alone. He did not take the main seat, but casually sat on a chair on the side. He did not show any official authority, just like an ordinary elder waiting for the younger generation to come and talk.

Lu Xu relaxed instantly, smiled happily and saluted to say hello and New Year greetings.

The county magistrate asked him to sit aside and asked, "You're back? How is your family doing during the Chinese New Year?"

Lu Xu: "Everything is fine! My second uncle is also back from the battlefield!"

Lu Xu really got up and started talking again, asking the county magistrate what customs and delicacies there were during the New Year in his hometown, which were different from Guanyang.

While chatting, Lu Xu started talking about food, products, and grain. He talked about how many people had returned from the village and how many people were planning to open up wasteland. He also mentioned his plan to open up more wasteland and plant more trees this year.

The county magistrate couldn't help but nod his head when he heard the prosperous New Year in Lujia Village. This was true for Lujia Village, and it was probably the same for the villages under Guanyang's rule.

Hearing Lu Xu mention planting trees again, he asked, "Do you want to buy a mountain to plant trees?"

"That's right!" Lu Xu started talking about his ten-year tree plan again.

The more the county magistrate heard, the more surprised he became. At first he thought Lu Xu was just a whim and wanted to imitate others in building a pavilion on the mountain, but he didn't expect to have such a specific and detailed plan.

Lu Xu talked about what kind of trees to plant here and what kind of fruits. He also showed off that he had found a fruit farmer to help him plant trees. In three years, Guanyang will be able to eat the fruits of Lujiacun. .

He spoke so smoothly and confidently that even the county magistrate didn't realize that half of what he said was what he learned and sold now, and the other half of what he said was improvised on the way here.

Lu Xu had almost convinced himself and eagerly hoped that the county magistrate would sell the mountain to him.

Selling a mountain is a big deal, and as the magistrate of a county and the parent official of the people of the county, you must be even more cautious. Otherwise, today one wants to buy mountains and that wants to buy rivers. During his tenure, he sold all the mountains, rivers and land. What else would the people use?

The county magistrate was persuaded, but he did not agree easily. Instead, he asked Lu Xu to go back and wait. He would find someone to investigate in the next few days.

When Lu Xu saw that he was not rejected immediately, he narcissistically felt that there was something interesting about it.

The mountain in their village is a completely wild mountain except for the villagers who go there to collect firewood. There is a river leading to the county, and the narrow mountain road is semi-barren.