Chapter 171 Protection Fee

Lu Xu spent the afternoon doing calculations at the grocery store. By the end, he had memorized the prices, and the oral calculations were about to take off.

The customers who were queuing up to settle accounts listened to his counting in bewilderment: "This is ten pennies, this is fifteen, twenty-five plus thirty, fifty-five, fifty-five plus forty-five, one hundred, this is Eight cents each, you bought eight, eight eight sixty-four, sixty-four plus one hundred, one hundred sixty-four, one hundred sixty-four plus eighty, two hundred and forty-four, a total of two hundred and forty Four, right?"

guest:"……"

Lu Xu put the things into her basket, took out a small piece of square oil paper from the box, took out a piece of candy from another jar, wrapped it and put it into the basket, "You give me two Bai Si, I’ll give you another candy. Welcome to come again next time.”

Two hundred and forty articles?

The aunt silently made an estimate in her mind and found it to be cheaper than elsewhere!

She doesn't care, it's cheap overall, who cares about the little details.

She happily took out her wallet to pay and walked out with the basket.

Lu Xu continued to take the goods picked by the next person, and quickly put the priced items from one side to the other side of the counter, "This one is expensive, ninety cents, a total of four, four nine thirty-six, three hundred six." Ten coins, add ten, add fifteen, add thirty, add fifty, add eight, add one hundred, add twenty.”

Lu Xu put the last item on the other side, "The total is...five hundred and ninety-three, right?"

guest:"……"

He just listened to Lu Xu's report on how much each item cost. Who knows if it's right or not?

The person behind asked: "You don't have an abacus?"

"Abacus?" Lu Xu looked at the abacus that he pushed to the corner because it was in the way, "I'm not familiar with abacus, how about I try it again?"

The customer who was paying the bill immediately said: "No need! Five hundred and ninety-three is five hundred and ninety-three!"

Buying these things elsewhere would cost more than 600.

Lu Xu: "You can give me five hundred and ninety coins, and I'll also give you a piece of candy."

Guest: "Choose a big one for me."

Lu Xu: "No problem."

This jar of candy had been placed in the corner before. There were too many people and it would be kicked by anyone who passed by. Lu Xu saw that it was small pieces of crushed candy, so he simply moved it to the counter and gave it away as a gift.

He was so busy until nightfall that Lu Xu was so hungry that his chest pressed against his back. The store was about to close and there were still customers who wanted to buy things.

Lu Xu closed the door first, paid the bills for the last few people in the store, pulled over the bench and sat down to rest.

Lu Xuan was leading people to clean up the warehouse in the back. Seeing that the front door was closed, he also locked the warehouse and asked Lu Xu to go back to the inn for dinner.

Lu Xu took a few bites of rice and asked, "Do you still remember the couplets posted in my room?"

Lu Xuan held his chopsticks in his mouth and thought carefully, "Couplet?"

Lu Xu: “Not in the county, but in the village!”

Lu Xuan thought for a while, "I have an impression."