Chapter 187 Career

At the end of the year, Yan Junqi's family chose to go back to their hometown with the Lu family to celebrate the New Year.

However, the Yan family's house is close to the mountain and has long been used by Lu Hui as a storage warehouse to store hay and grain.

The Yan family decided to come back temporarily, and they didn't bother Lu Hui to clean up, so they all moved into Lu Xu's house.

The two families ate and lived together, stayed together and kept vigil together. When it came time to pay New Year greetings, except for not going to the Lu family ancestral hall to worship their ancestors, they all acted together at other times.

On the first day of the Lunar New Year, I went to pay New Year's greetings to Grandpa Lu and Grandma Lu. On the second day of the Lunar New Year, I helped entertain the aunt who returned to her parents' home, visited relatives, and went out for fun. Yan Junqi and Yan Wenzhen mingled with the Lu brothers, and those who were not familiar with them thought they were part of the Lu family.

Not only this year, but also the next three years, the Yan family followed the Lu family.

In three years, Lu Xu, Ershu, Lu Xuan and the Luo family finally opened up the trade route, and Guanyang also changed greatly in terms of business.

The former Guanyang County town has become the inner city, and the outer city has been expanded around it. The dock has doubled in size, and there is a trend of continued expansion.

The whole Guanyang is rushing to occupy the new city, but Lu Xu, who was once the most popular and most energetic, unexpectedly kept a low profile.

It took him two years to pay off the money he owed to buy the property. Later, he only paid for the house he was used to living in and the warehouse he rented, and he never bought any more real estate in the city.

When the outer city was built, he only bought two shops and one warehouse. One shop was near the dock, and he opened a branch selling mutton soup. He still managed it at a loss or a profit. The other shop is close to the north gate and is also close to his warehouse, making it convenient for the business to load and unload goods.

When all the squires in the towns near Guanyang went to the outer city to spend money to buy houses, Lu Xu's behavior was really hard to see through. Many people wondered if he had lost money and owed debts in the north.

But looking at the Guanyang Alliance, it’s not like that at all!

The banner of their Guanyang Alliance has been hung all over the trade route, and now it has begun to expand to the south of Guanyang. Only Lu Xu, the head of the Guanyang Alliance, is becoming more and more low-key.

It's not that he can't see other people. Ever since he handed over the trade business to Lu Xuan half a year ago, he has been leading Lu Rui around Guanyang all day long, just like an idle man who has nothing to do to take care of his children. Even his mother and sister are busier than him.

Not to mention the sixteen-year-old Lu Wen, who has grown into a powerful merchant known to everyone in Guanyang. He has replaced Lu Xu and is truly in charge of all the industries of the Lu family and the Guanyang Alliance. There are few people in the nearby counties, towns and entire trade routes who don't know his name.

Nowadays, the children in the family all have their own things to do based on their interests. The fourth uncle's family, Xiaoman, and Lu Xu's family, Lu Yue, have joined Hanlu and Xiaoxia's dessert shop, doubling the size of the shop. The third uncle's family, Xiaoyu, has Follow Yuan Manniang to learn how to make clothes and run a clothing store.

Lu Fu, who was the same age as Twelfth Moon, stayed in the village with his brother Lu Hui and his father to manage the fields and livestock. At the age of ten, he seemed to be doing the same.