Chapter 34 Gift

The clerk waved, "You two, wait!"

Lu Xu shrank his head subconsciously, thinking: Isn't it time to settle accounts?

He turned around and smiled stiffly: "Do you have any other instructions?"

The clerk was quite puzzled, why did this boy react so politely? He slapped Lu Xu on the shoulder with a heavy palm, "You're a good boy. You dare to lead people to ask for a book from the county magistrate."

Lu Xu:? ? ?

What?

He gave a cold and deep "Yes" and smiled politely and humbly, "See what you said."

The clerk turned his attention to Yan Junqi again. He didn't know how this little scholar caught the adults' eyes and asked him to call them back and get them some books to read.

The clerk asked: "Would you like to wait here for a while, or go back with me to get the book?"

Lu Xu and Yan Junqi looked at each other and followed him into the county government office again. This time they could not see the county magistrate. The clerk asked them to stand at the door of the back office and report inside. After a while, they moved a stack of more than a dozen books. Come out and say, "Look carefully, these are all the books in the magistrate's collection."

Yan Junqi was startled when he saw the "Treatment Theory" at the top. The cover and pages were yellowed, but the book was as smooth as new. It could be seen that it was cherished and read frequently.

Yan Junqi solemnly took the book and bowed towards the inner office, "Students must cherish it."

Lu Xu and Yan Junqi thanked the clerk again and again, and then carefully put the book into the cart, placing a lot of paper on top and bottom.

The county magistrate didn't see them, and the civil servants thought they were here to ask for a letter, so the matter of writing a direct remonstrance was just dismissed in such a confused way?

Lu Xuren was in a trance and couldn't figure out what the county magistrate meant. "Does the county magistrate think that you are too young, not in your position, and not interested in politics? I advise you to study and gain fame first before taking care of this?"

Yan Junqi sighed: "Maybe."

They speak softly, and even if they see the problem and point it out, nothing can be changed now.

Seeing that he was far away from the county government office, Yan Junqi whispered: "The county magistrate asked me if I knew what I was suing for."

Lu Xu nodded: "I heard it."

I just don’t understand why Yan Junqi said, “I know, but I don’t know much.”

Yan Junqi: "I think you know it well."

Lu Xu blinked, and after a little thought from him, he immediately figured it out, "He knew who he was, so he asked us if we knew!"

He just said that Yan Junqi's article only mentioned people by name, so why did the county magistrate ask that question?

Lu Xu: "Then by asking about your family background, are you telling you that we can't afford to offend those people?"

Yan Junqi nodded.

Lu Xu shut up.

So Yan Junqi said, "I know, but I don't know that clearly." He was telling the county magistrate that they knew the apparent identities of those people based on what they saw and heard, and they didn't know if there was another mystery behind the scenes!