Chapter 105 Lantern Festival

After a few days of warming, the ice on the river has become thinner, and in some places where there is no shadow of the mountains, the river water is already exposed when it warms up at noon.

At this time, people are no longer allowed to step on the river. If their shoes and socks are wet, they will be too small to accidentally fall in. People will freeze even if they swim in such cold water.

It's been cold this year, but in previous years the river had already melted during the Lantern Festival.

There is no curfew for the three days of Lantern Festival. There is a lantern festival every year in Guanyang County. Passenger boats on the river also start operating on these two days. People with good conditions will go to Guanyang with their families to watch the lanterns.

But I have never been to the Lu family.

Not only his house, but also the entire Lujia Village was empty.

Although Lujiacun is not far from Guanyang, almost no one is willing to pay the travel expenses.

Thirty cents for traveling back and forth, whether you have a few children in your family, who you want to take with you, or who you don't take with you, or who you want to make the children cry, it's a big sum.

Lu Xu had basically spent all his money, but he still had this little money. He had the money ready and was waiting for the boat. But on the Lantern Festival, he didn't see a boat on the river.

It is better to seek help from others than to ask for yourself. Lu Xu took a stick to the river and tried to break the ice. The thin ice broke without any hard knocking. Lu Xu threw the stick and ran home. They were still parked beside their village. Here’s the boat rowing back from Guanyang!

"Want to see the lanterns? Let's go to the county to see the lanterns!"

Lu Xu shouted and all the children in the family got excited.

This boat is a small boat. It is impossible to bring the whole family on board. Except for Lu Xu's family of five, it cannot take too many people.

Seeing that her younger siblings wanted to go, Lu Wen finally felt a little more responsible like an elder brother. She asked Xiao Yu to lead Lu Fu and gave pocket money to the two little radish. Only Xiao Man went to her fourth uncle's house. She was a little uneasy and nervous. Hold Xiaoyu and Lu Fu tightly.

Lu Xu took a look and realized that they were all little carrot heads. Even he was not reliable in rowing a boat. He ran to the next door and called Yan Junqi and Wen Zhen.

When Yuan Manniang came back with the twelfth lunar month after burning incense, they had already pushed the boat into the river, just waiting for everyone to set off.

Yuan Manniang was in a daze. She was already in a hurry to go home and put away the basket in the twelfth lunar month. She was hurriedly pulling her to go to the county town with her brother.

There were almost all children in the boat. Lu Xu rowed for stability rather than speed. After lunch, he set off while it was warm and gave each of Lu Zhou and Yan Junqi a long wooden stick. He was responsible for rowing, and they were responsible for breaking the ice.

Afraid of the cold at night, Yuan Manniang put three blankets in a basket and wrapped them in the children if they got cold.

Her face was flushed, and she was getting a little flustered with excitement while putting on clothes for Lu Yue and Lu Rui. She looked even more excited than the children.

After getting on the boat, Yuan Manniang called all the children into the cabin, hugged the youngest Lu Rui and Wen Zhen, and told them to follow the adults when they arrived in the county town and not to run around.