Chapter 188 Secret Talk

Lu Xu had already discussed with Yan Junqi before taking Lu Zhou out, but he still had to pass Yuan Manniang's test.

He asked Lu Zhou to follow him to Beijing at the dinner table. It happened that Yuan Manniang was busy in the shop that day and did not come home to finish the meal.

When Yuan Maniang and Yan Mu came back from their work, Lu Xu went to discuss it with her alone.

We'll discuss it after all the notifications have been made, but he still feels a little guilty.

After hearing this, Yuan Manniang's eyes widened in astonishment.

But the questions she asked made Lu Xu confused.

Yuan Manniang asked: "Is it convenient for you to take Zhou'er?"

"Lu Zhou is down-to-earth and studious. Logically, he should be able to take the exam easily. He keeps failing the exam. I think it may be a psychological problem. As the saying goes, it is better to travel thousands of miles than to read thousands of books. He is always bored and can't do it even if he studies in the academy. , why not come with me for a walk... eh? Is it convenient?" Lu Xu's rambling stopped abruptly.

He looked at Yuan Manniang in confusion, not having turned around from the words he had been brewing all night, "It's convenient, what's the inconvenience? He's already fifteen, and he's not Ruirui."

I know how to eat, how to dress, how to know the cold and warmth, and how to work.

Lu Zhou in their family has been able to do things since he was a child. When Lu Rui was as old as Lu Rui, he knew how to help his parents with housework.

Lu Xu thought that if he took Lu Zhou out, Lu Zhou might still take care of his brother. What inconvenience could this cause?

He looked at Yuan Manniang, and Yuan Manniang looked at him.

He wanted to speak but stopped, unable to speak.

Mother and son looked at each other for a long time. Yuan Manniang blinked her eyes, but she couldn't understand.

She had no choice but to ask Lu Xu to close the door.

Lu Xu was confused, closed the door, and sat down obediently in front of Yuan Manniang.

Yuan Manniang held on to her handkerchief for a long time, made a lot of mental efforts, was ruthless, risked her life, and asked: "How can you three live outside?"

Lu Xu: "...ah?"

How to live?

If there is an inn, you can stay in an inn, but if there is no inn, you can find a place to stay in a village.

Hasn't he always been like this?

Lu Xu was confused. After a while, he seemed to understand.

He looked at Yuan Maniang in shock, and Yuan Maniang covered her face.

Lu Xu blushed so hard that he couldn't sit still, "No, uh, we haven't... Mother, you, you, how do you know uh..."

Lu Xu couldn't speak any more.

Yuan Manniang didn't look at him and covered her face with a handkerchief, "On the day Jun Qi passed the exam, didn't you kiss him... cough..."

Lu Xu's face was red, like a student in puppy love who was caught by the teacher. He subconsciously defended himself, "We just kissed that one time!"

Only once was she seen by Yuan Manniang.

Yuan Manniang was also surprised and said smoothly: "Just once?"