Chapter 65 Before the exam

Lu Xu tried to enlighten him, but it had no effect at all. Ma Ruoqi said, "Yes, yes, yes," he said that he should eat well and sleep well. He turned around and nervously asked the book boy to help him check the exam equipment again. The good-tempered book boy looked at him with all his eyes. Going to roll my eyes.

Yan Junqi borrowed Ma Ruoqi's old examination question booklet, sat in Ma Ruoqi's room and flipped through it one by one by candlelight.

He quietly read by candlelight, and Ma Ruoqi was infected by him and slowly took in the book.

By the time Yan Junqi had finished reading and said goodbye, Ma Ruoqi also quietly read a book for the middle of the night, and his nervousness had eased a bit.

Lu Xu silently complained, is this the self-regulation method of a top student? If it were him, he would never read new questions before the exam!

Lu Xu couldn't help but ask Yan Junqi: "Do you know those questions?"

Yan Junqi: "Some can, some can't."

Lu Xu observed silently and saw that Yan Junqi was in stable condition and had a confident expression on his face, which made him feel relieved.

On the second day, we have to walk the waterway for a day and a night, and arrive at Huitang Town before dawn on the third day, and enter the city on foot or by car.

As soon as he got on the boat, Yan Junqi had no conditions to stay in the hotel to study. Lu Xu saw that it was really hard for him to study, so he discussed with the boatman that they should take turns rowing to go faster, instead of following the academy's boat, and get to Huitang Town as soon as possible. At least let Yan Junqi live in the city first.

They did not stop on the way and had lunch and dinner on the boat. Their boat was small and light. Lu Xu took turns with the boatman and arrived at the Huitang Town Pier in the middle of the night.

Candidates from all the counties south of the capital gathered in Huitang Town to rest. It was still dark in the small town, but there were already people soliciting business at the dock.

Lu Xu and the boatman agreed on a time to pick them up, and they went ashore with Yan Junqi to find a noodle shop and have a bowl of noodle soup.

For wide sheets of pasta, sprinkle some vegetable leaves, and for extra money you can add an extra spoonful of meat sauce or egg drops.

In the middle of the night, Lu Xu didn't want to eat meat, so he asked the store owner to add poached eggs to each of them, and asked about how to get into the city.

While cooking the noodles, the shop owner said, "My dear husband, he's here for the exam. If you walk, keep walking along the avenue, and you'll almost see the city gate at dawn. If you take a car," he pointed to the torch-lit place on the side of the avenue. In the open space, "Are you looking at the torches? There are cars there, but there are only carts at the moment. If you are not in a hurry, go to the town and stay first. There will be mule and ox carts at dawn."

Lu Xu thanked Yan Junqi and asked Yan Junqi to look at the luggage. He went to the torch first to take a look.

There is also a shortage of livestock in the state capital. At present, the carts used to attract customers are all pushed and pulled by human power. Lu Xu took a closer look and found that these carts should usually be used to transport goods at the dock, and they probably only transported people in the past few days. We started walking in the middle of the night and arrived at dawn just in time to enter the city. Oxen-carts and mule-carts were scarce, and they could move faster than people. In order to avoid waiting at the city gate, they only went out to solicit customers at dawn.