Chapter 195 This Book

Lu Xu went out and came back with a bunch of books, but he didn't give them to Lu Zhou. He insisted on checking them first, which made Yan Junqi feel strange for a while.

Yan Junqi wondered: "What's wrong? What's wrong with this book?"

Lu Xu: "You don't know!"

He pulled Yan Junqi and whispered in a low voice, "What if there is content in other books that is not suitable for children? Can't I check it first before showing it to Lu Zhou and the others?"

Yan Junqi: "..."

He was silent for a moment and asked: "Then did you buy it?"

Lu Xu: "..."

Lu Xu coughed slightly in embarrassment, took out the yellow-brown storybook from the pile of books, and secretly asked, "Would you like to read it together?"

Yan Junqi: "..."

Before Yan Junqi could answer, Lu Xu felt embarrassed. He threw the storybook aside, coughed and said with a guilty conscience: "How can you read such a book?! It's better to throw it away."

He picked up a detective storybook and started reading.

After several years of practice, Lu Xu can already read and write, and reading ancient characters is not as difficult as it was at first, but she still doesn't like reading it!

Even though it was a best-selling storybook, he still frowned while reading it, scratching his head and ears. Sometimes he sat on a chair, sometimes he lay on his side on the couch, sometimes he fell on his bed. Snacks for reading were placed in several places.

By the time Yan Junqi finished reading the book in his hand and writing the annotations, Lu Xu was already lying on his back and fast asleep.

Yan Junqi laughed. He had seen this scene too many times in the past few years. Every time Lu Xu vowed to endorse it, he would collapse and fall asleep after finishing a page.

Yan Junqi walked over and shook him, but Lu Xu didn't wake up. He took the storybook away from Lu Xu's hand and flipped through it. Yes, a new record. He actually read eighteen pages before falling asleep. This book must be very interesting.

Yan Junqi bent down and kissed Lu Xu, packed away the dried meat and preserved fruits, and spread out the quilt to cover Lu Xu.

It was still early and it wasn't too late to wake him up before dinner.

Yan Junqi rubbed his neck that was sore from reading, put away all the things Lu Xu had messed up in the room, and finally picked up the storybook that Lu Xu had deliberately thrown away.

He opened it calmly, skimming over ten lines from the first page, his expression unfazed until he saw what Lu Xu said was inappropriate for children.

The ambiguous chats between his classmates, the vulgar chats he occasionally overheard while waiting for the boat to eat, and his vague erotic dreams all became picturesque.

Yan Junqi: "..."

Yan Junqi moved his eyes to the stove in the room. After thinking about it, he put the storybook and several other books on the table - let Lu Xu handle it by himself!

Lu Xu was busy looking for a house on the second and third days. He visited places commonly rented by scholars in Dongcheng, Xicheng and Nancheng, and finally chose a few houses in Dongcheng as alternatives.

Xicheng is too expensive and far away from the Gongyuan where examinations are held. Nancheng is too crowded and chaotic. The houses rented out are all in large courtyards. It is often more cost-effective for several fellow villagers to rent one courtyard.