Chapter 95 Lamentation

"When Sister Huixiang got married, her parents gave her a dowry and asked a few of us to treat her as relatives and send her to Nanqiao Town. The third and fourth children secretly visited her to wish her well and wish her well. Life was not good...but it was too long later, and we were a little lucky that Huixiang didn't wait for him. For more than ten years, everyone thought that the second brother was dead. If it weren't for the fear of irritating my mother, the family would have given the second brother a long time ago It’s a funeral.”

Lu Cai rolled up the ball of thread and sighed.

It's not that there aren't other girls in the village who like Lu Qing, they always have, but no one has ever mentioned it, and even if they find out, they can only blush and refuse to admit it. Because Huixiang is so good, and because their relationship is so good, Lu Qing only sees Huixiang, and Huixiang only sees him, and others can only see it with envy.

In the first few years of Huixiang's marriage, the girls in the village who secretly liked her brother scolded her. Later, they also got married one by one. Time passed too long, and the aggrieved people were all mothers. More than ten years have passed. , no one believes that her second brother will come back.

Meeting again would be awkward at first, but now, even if they meet, they have tacitly chosen not to mention that past incident.

"If the old calendar had not been used to let the eldest brother get married first, but the second brother and sister Huixiang had been married first, if the family had not been tight at that time and could not buy the second brother not to go, if the wedding date had not been set at the end of autumn, if Zhao My uncle did not contract lung disease because of that cold weather. If they got married before the second brother left, if the second brother could come back early..." Lu Cai smiled bitterly, "There are no what ifs, we are the best couple in our lives. Son, I just missed it."

When Zhao Huixiang got married, not only she, but also her two younger brothers had resentments in their hearts. No matter how their parents tried to explain and tell them about Huixiang's difficulties, they still resented her.

From the time Huixiang said they were getting married until they got married, the three of them never visited the Zhao family again. It wasn't until the day Huixiang got married that her mother persuaded her to go to the wedding ceremony. I reluctantly went.

Thinking back later, she was willing to go that day because she actually remembered Huixiang's good deeds over the years and agreed with what her mother said - after all, it was her second brother who failed to come back as scheduled. Was it going to force Huixiang to wait a lifetime?

If the second brother was here, he would definitely be reluctant to part with it.

That day was very long, and it had been so long that Lu Cai beside her could not remember clearly. She only remembered that the road from Lujia Village to Nanqiao Town was so long. There were very few people seeing her off, and no girl of the same age wanted to accompany her. She takes a walk.

Lu Cai's feet hurt from walking. She lowered her head and turned her feet secretly, one step slower than others. She happened to see a drop of water suddenly fall on the ground.

She looked up and saw that it was a clear sky. There was not even a cloud in the sky. Where did the water droplets come from?

She lowered her head, and another drop fell down, splashing dust on the ground.

She caught up and saw that under the shaking red hijab, Huixiang's eyes were redder than the old hijab.

In her memory, that was Zhao Huixiang's ugliest day.