Chapter 25 Debt-free and light-hearted

Back home, Lu Zhou was leading Lu Rui and La Yue to pack things in the kitchen. When they heard the door open, they all ran out of the kitchen.

December: "Brother!"

Lu Xu quickly walked over and lifted La Yue up and started spinning around in the yard, making La Yue laugh.

"So dizzy!"

Lu Xu put down the twelfth month and lifted Lu Zhou up to spin around faster.

Lu Zhou was caught off guard and grabbed Lu Xu's arm in fear, fearing that he would be thrown out by his crazy brother.

With endless energy, Lu Xu put down Lu Zhou, who was confused and weak in the legs, and lifted up Lu Rui, who was making fun.

The family burst into laughter. Yuan Manniang bought an old hen from the third grandmother's house.

"Chicken!" La Yue raised her head and asked, "Do you want to raise one?"

"If you don't raise it, stew it and eat it!" Lu Xu directed Lu Zhou to boil water, roll up his sleeves to kill fish and chop meat.

Lu Xu cleaned the fish bladder and threw it to Lu Rui to step on and play with. Lu Rui deliberately stepped aside and moved away, kicked it far away, chased it and stepped on it again, playing like a kitten playing with a ball all over the yard.

In the twelfth lunar month, I am running around handing out scissors and sweeping away garbage. My eyes are dazzled. There are fish, meat, and chicken. Which one should I eat?

"Brother, are you celebrating the New Year today?" In her short memory, she could only eat so much meat during the Chinese New Year!

Lu Xu spoke eloquently and scolded Fang Qiu with a kitchen knife: "We will eat meat even during the Chinese New Year! Our family is no longer in debt. My brother is rich. From now on, he can eat meat if he wants!"

The whole family was busy in the kitchen. Lu Zhou finished adding firewood and carried a small bucket to fetch water. During the twelfth lunar month, he peeled garlic and onions. Lu Rui nibbled on pieces of mung bean cake and swirled them around their feet.

It's not dark yet, the smoke from the Lu family's kitchen is burning, and bursts of fragrance are wafting out.

Stewed chicken, stir-fried pork ribs, braised fish, braised pork...

No one thought it was a waste. The three little ones were sitting in the kitchen, staring at the red fire without blinking. The chicken was bubbling in the pot, and Lu Xu was stir-frying the braised pork that was dyed sugary and shiny red , the deep-mouthed bowl was filled with freshly fried pork ribs, the red pepper exuded a choking and alluring aroma, and the largest plate contained a braised carp.

Yuan Manniang brought the square-mouth basket, put the freshly steamed rice into a bowl, put it into the basket, separated it a layer, and then put the ribs and braised fish.

Lu Xu put the braised pork on a plate, and finally took out the whole chicken.

There were two baskets of food and seven pieces of snacks. Lu Xu carried it and walked in front. Lu Zhou followed him carrying incense candles, paper money and wine. Yuan Maniang held Lu Rui and led La Yue at the end. There were many in the whole family. We climbed up the hillside together and went to the Lu family's ancestral grave before dark, to worship at the grave of Lu Ji and Lu Xu's mother.

When we came down from the mountain, it was already dark, so Lu Xu lit a lamp and put a table of dishes.

The whole family happily eats, which is even richer than during the Chinese New Year. While we were eating, we didn't know who started to cry first. Lu Xu opened the wine and she was so drunk that she only remembered Yuan Manniang crying silently, and then burst into tears.