Chapter 113 Shopkeeper

Now that he had decided to move, Lu Xu had to hurry up and prepare.

First of all, there is the home. They come every ten days and someone has to look after the house. This falls to the second uncle. He looks after two families - Lu Xu's house and Yan Junqi's house.

Because there were two families to live in, Lu Xu rented a large house with two entrances next to the county school. There was a place in the front to receive guests, and two families in the back. There was also a small garden in the backyard for Lu Rui and Lu Yue to run around.

In addition to what they occupied, there were also spare guest rooms. Lu Xu was planning to let his third aunt, Lu Wen and others stay here when the weather was bad.

Anyway, they are all fire pits, so they can be crowded when there are many people.

There is a woodshed and a kitchen, and Lu Xu has even dedicated a bathroom.

Since the opening of the county school, housing prices nearby have also risen. In the past, a yard like this could be rented for more than thirty taels a year, but now people can rent it for forty-five taels a year because of Lu Xu's reputation.

However, the house was well-equipped and kept clean and tidy. There was a well on the side of the backyard. It was private and quiet. It only took about ten minutes to walk to the county school. Lu Xu walked around and happily paid.

He found a house, took Lu Zhou and Yan Junqi to live there, went to the academy to take a break, and then went back to move things.

Grandpa Lu, Grandma Lu, third uncle and fourth uncle were not used to his move.

Although they had separated their families long ago, the Lu family was actually no different from those who had not separated.

After Lu Xu moved, meeting each other was not as convenient as before.

But now Lu Xu has to be busy in the county all day long, and they also see it. Whether it is a restaurant or other business, it is more convenient for Lu Xu to live in the county than at home.

Grandpa Lu expressed his position on behalf of the whole family: "Go, the county is not as good as the village. When you get there, you must be in harmony with your neighbors, and you must pay more attention to everything."

Lu Xu nodded.

On the day of the move, the whole family had a reunion dinner. They didn't bring much with them. Since they had to come back from time to time, they just brought some seasonal clothes and bedding, which were enough for the family's tableware and sundries.

However, Yan Junqi's family is more complete.

Yan's mother was very optimistic. Her family had no land, Yan Junqi's father had died, and the family's hope was Yan Junqi. Their family was small, so she would take Wen Zhen wherever Yan Junqi went.

It turned out that Yan Junqi said that Lu Xu wanted to rent a house in the county. She was also worried about whether her family had enough money and didn't want Yuan Manniang to come to her to discuss it. After further explanation, Lu Xu actually wanted to help them open a ready-made clothing store.

Mother Yan felt at ease immediately.

She and Yuan Manniang both make clothes. Even if ready-made clothes are not sold well, their embroidery work and reselling of embroidery pieces are also good businesses.

If the embroidery workshop can do it, they themselves can do it too. Maybe the profit alone is enough to live on.

If it goes well, she plans to focus on the county in the future.