Chapter 11 Bookstore

Lu Xu first went to Liuji Grocery Store, where there were two women buying needlework and thread. Lu Xu stood a little further away and looked at the items sold in the grocery store.

There are four common types of sugar: white in whole pieces, white in pieces, yellow in pieces, and yellow in pieces. They only sell the yellowish ones in town. During festivals and festivals, they buy whole pieces when visiting relatives, and they buy loose candies for themselves. Yan Junqi buys loose candies for Wen Zhen.

There are also candies that look like rock candy in the grocery store. They are dyed. I don’t know if they are mixed with fruit juice. Are they considered fruit candies?

In addition, there is also soy sauce and vinegar tea here, which is also divided into several grades without price tags.

They also sell some specialties from various places. Lu Xu was surprised to see dried kelp, seaweed, fungus, dried shiitake mushrooms, lotus seeds, wolfberry, red dates and even longan in the grocery store!

Eggs also include chicken eggs, duck eggs and goose eggs.

It’s quite complete!

The other is all kinds of miscellaneous grains, daily necessities and needlework. Salt has to be bought at government-run salt shops, and there are special grain shops for staple food.

The grocery store has everything you need, including pots and pans, fans and brooms, candles, oil lamps, lanterns and paintings. There are also some small benches piled up in the corner.

It can be said that although the sparrow is small, it has all the internal organs!

The two women picked out the lines and complained to the shopkeeper, "Why did the price increase again in just a few days?"

Shopkeeper: "If you exchange the grain, it will still be at the original price."

The two women muttered, "Food is too expensive!"

Shopkeeper: "No, it's the same every day. Or you can just pay for it, it's still the original price."

"How can I use money to buy a needle and thread?"

They picked out their needlework, paid for it, and left not very happy.

As prices rise, money depreciates. The government stipulates that one tael of silver can be exchanged for one thousand coins, but one thousand coins cannot be exchanged for one tael of silver. Lu Xu exchanged scraps of silver with gamblers in a noodle shop, which was equivalent to 1,200 yuan in exchange for one tael of silver, but he felt very distressed.

But if I don’t replace it, it’s too heavy. Maybe if you leave it alone, you will get 1,300 wen in a few days to exchange for one tael of silver.

Lu Xu took advantage of the situation and asked, "How much can one tael of silver be exchanged for now?"

The shopkeeper shook his head, "I can't say for sure, it's still a thousand and three."

Yes, he still made money!

Lu Xu was speechless.

Shopkeeper: "What do you want to see?"

Lu Xu: "I buy candies and my children eat snacks."

The shopkeeper: "Then you can buy the loose ones. It's a good deal. White sugar costs 60 renminbi and brown sugar 45 renminbi."

It's still quite expensive, but it's five cents cheaper than in their town.

Lu Xu asked: "How to sell these colored candies?"

Shopkeeper: "Fresh stuff from the south. It's boiled into soup and mixed with juice. It's also sweet with sugar and lasts a long time. I sell it cheaply here, only a pound and a half of silver."