Chapter 193 Crossing the River

Lu Zhou drank the medicine for a day and his condition improved a lot. He no longer felt feverish, but he still had coughs and runny noses from time to time.

The skills of the barefoot doctors in the small village were limited, and there were no medicinal materials here. There were several people with high fevers in their team. Seeing that this was not going to work, everyone discussed it and decided to rush to Linghutan.

After all, it's a pretty big county over there. There's a medical center and doctors in the city, so it's better than this small village.

The road behind was still muddy, but I was finally able to drive.

Each car was filled with kettles and cans filled with ginger soup, and the patients were asked to get in, cover themselves with bedding, and set off quickly.

Lu Xu did not let Yan Junqi continue to sit outside with him. He wrapped himself in a sheepskin jacket, asked Yan Junqi and Lu Zhou to sit in the carriage, and gave each of them a kettle to serve as a soup lady.

One contains ginger soup and the other contains hot water, so you can drink water if you are thirsty.

Lu Xu tied a bundle of dry firewood bought from the villagers under the carriage. "We have bought firewood and rice. When we are hungry, we will stop and cook."

Anyway, the back section of the road is easy to walk. You can reach Linghu Beach by walking along the road. You won't get lost if you don't follow the guide closely. Lu Xu doesn't plan to go on the road with others.

In the next two days, the weather finally cleared up, with one autumn rain and one cold spell. The cooling caused by the continuous rain did not recover much, and it only became warmer for a while at noon.

Lu Xu stopped by the side of the road to cook at noon. He had no intention of cooking by himself during this trip. He only brought a small pot with him to use when he had to sleep in the wilderness. Unexpectedly, he actually used it.

While he was cooking, he asked Lu Zhou and Yan Junqi to get out of the car and go for a walk in the sun. Lu Zhou slept in the car for two days, but his condition did not get worse. He only had a cough that was not getting better.

Lu Xu stewed the dried pears and apples they brought from home into soup for Lu Zhou to drink, and finally made it to the county seat where Linghutan was located.

Lu Xu entered the city and went straight to the medical clinic.

"My brother has never had any problems since he was a child. He often works and is in good health. Why has he not been well for several days this time?"

The old doctor with a white beard checked his pulse and asked for details for a long time. He talked about a lot, which was basically the anger he had accumulated in his chest before, and then he was tired from running around, was nervous, was exposed to rain, wind and cold, and was a little acclimatized. …

In short, Lu Zhou's current symptoms are already because he is young and strong, and his physical condition is still very good. Otherwise, he would have suffered from vomiting and diarrhea long ago.

Lu Xu: "..."

Lu Xu stuttered and asked, "How about some ginseng tonic?"

The doctor smiled and said, "If you are not afraid of spending money, I will prescribe some more warming medicine."

Lu Xu: "Okay, okay."

He asked the doctor to take a look at Yan Junqi. Yan Junqi had lost his appetite in the past two days.

Upon examination, Yan Junqi also felt a little cold.

Of the three of them, Lu Xu was the one who got the most rain, worked the most, and worked the most hard.