Chapter 73 Looking for someone

No one in the village understood what Yan Junqi meant by giving up studying in the state capital. After everyone asked around, they all knew that Yan Shulang no longer had to go all the way to study in the state capital.

Lu Xu changed his mind: Yan Junqi was admitted to a key university but gave up on his own. Now that the county is setting up a county school, Yan Junqi has to repeat his studies in the county for one year.

Someone asked: "You don't have to pay to attend school in the county, but you still have to pay for your meal?"

Yan Junqi: "If you pass the Tongsheng Examination, you don't have to pay any more."

After hearing this, the aunt who came to Yan's house to learn embroidery slapped her thigh and said, "Isn't that better! I think the school in this county is better than the school in the state capital!"

Yan Junqi smiled.

Someone congratulated Yan's mother, "Brother and sister, the scholar has made his mark, you don't have to worry about being a scholar anymore!"

Others were envious and said, "Yes, yes, Yan Shulang is promising and has been admitted as a scholar. He will not have to pay taxes in the future."

"Yes..." Everyone nodded and looked at Yan Junqi with envy, feeling that he was getting more and more beautiful now.

Yan Junqi wanted to return the three taels of silver to Li Zheng privately, and Li Zheng asked him to keep it to buy some pen and ink. Li Zheng had always been kind to Yan Junqi, and now that he was admitted as a scholar, he was even more kind. No matter how you look at it, he is better than those big and round men in his family. The son and grandson looked smart and said, "Although your surname is not Lu, you are still a child of Lujia Village. I heard that you have to go to the capital to take the imperial examination. Study hard. When you go to the capital to take the exam, the clan will collect your travel expenses."

Hearing that Yan Junqi said that he wanted to set up a county school, Li Zheng was happy and asked Lu Xu to pay attention to the conditions for admission in the county, and the idea of ​​sending his grandson to study arose again.

The gentleman the county magistrate was looking for from his hometown came all the way, and his level was definitely better than that old scholar in Yinma Town. That old scholar, who only passed the exam in his late 40s, was not as promising as Yan Junqi!

The older ones in their family seem to have little potential, but the younger ones can still be raised from babies! Even if you can't read well, if you learn more, you can take over from him in the future!

Besides Li Zheng, the other person who is quick-thinking is Lu Wen.

He and Lu Zhou were picking melons in the fields, teasing Lu Zhou while they were busy, "Now the county school is about to be established, why don't you tell your elder brother that you want to go to it?"

Lu Zhou nodded and said: "I haven't memorized that Mongolian book yet..."

Lu Wenqi: "You just have to learn if you don't know how to do it. You know how to do it and you still learn shit."

Lu Zhou looked at him quietly, "Then you should go."

Lu Wen was stunned.

Wouldn't it be better to learn faster than him and remember better than him? Lu Zhou was so muffled that he even learned to use words to block him!

Lu Wen loaded the melons onto the cart and said angrily: "I don't want to learn! I get a headache when I read the words!"

He has lost all his money recently!