Chapter 79 Meet again

Everyone was happy to pay the field tax for the autumn harvest. This time, Lu Xu was still busy with business in the county, and the third and fourth aunts had already paid half of it for his family.

Anyway, his family only has two acres of land, so he doesn’t have to pay taxes on the unused land.

Lujiacun paid all the land tax in half a day. After leaving the pier of Yinma Town, people flocked to the various shops in the town to buy meat, tofu, sugar, cloth, and snacks for their children.

Those who live in a tight budget and are economical on money also bought tofu from the town, and then rushed back to the village to buy water and meat with bones from the butcher's house.

A lot of people crowded into Lu's grocery store. They bought snacks that they usually wouldn't buy for their children, colored threads that housewives couldn't bear to buy, and good fabrics that they couldn't bear to buy. They almost emptied out the Lu's shop.

Grandma Lu couldn't care less about her poor mood. She kept cutting cloth for people with a ruler. Lu Zhou, who was teaching his younger brothers and sisters how to read during the holiday, had to lead Xiao Yu, Xiao Man, La Yue and Lu Fu to drag him. cotton.

After the autumn harvest and autumn planting, there will be a slack time for farming, and it is a time when people are busy getting married. Especially in these two months, the weather is neither cold nor hot, and there are more than ten families in the village holding weddings.

It is a custom here that a little girl will start making her own wedding clothes after getting married. Those from a good family will make a red wedding dress, and those from a poor family will have red edges on the collar and cuffs of the wedding dress and a red hijab.

Before getting married, both families have to sew quilts for the newlyweds. Those who are rich have to tear the cloth to make new ones, while those who have no money have to dismantle and wash the old quilts and sew them again.

In the first few days of marriage, all the women in the village went to their sweethearts' homes to help them.

Two days ago, Grandpa Lu asked Tan Shitou to send more fabrics and cotton in festive colors when delivering goods. Tan Shitou didn't understand very well. He said he was making wedding quilts, so the cloth shop boy he cooperated with chose the best-selling ones. It's cost-effective, so Lu's grocery store kept two pieces. Grandpa Lu thought this cloth was a bit expensive before, so he might not be able to sell it, but now it's not enough.

Those who bought meat came to buy salt and seasonings. There were adults and children, holding jars and carrying baskets. There were many people in the shop, so the adults stepped aside to let the children buy first. Then they noticed the stickers on the outside wall of the grocery store. two large sheets of paper.

The paper was gridded, horizontally and vertically. In the grids, I was drawing pictures and writing at the same time. The words were all large and neat.

Seeing this, some people couldn't help but praise Lu Zhou.

"I see, Xiaozhou will be more promising than his brother when he grows up!"

"I think so too."

Lu Zhou and La Yue came to the grocery store every evening to teach Xiao Man and Xiao Yu how to read. They all had books, but Lu Fu didn't. Lu Fu was half a year younger than Twelve Years. How could Lu Xu destroy such a young baby? But his brothers and sisters were all learning and no one was playing with him, so he wanted to join in.

There are usually a lot of children outside the grocery store, and when Lu Fu participated, some people wanted to play along.

A large number of people in Lujia Village have the surname Lu, and they are all relatives, no matter how big or small. Among them, some are his uncles, some are his younger brothers, and some call him uncle.