Tale as Old as Time☽69☾

•|•

•|•

Isabella Kenner drove by herself to Mystic Falls. Katherine was back from Hell and Caroline and Stefan had devised a plan to capture the woman. The devil they had faced before had been killed with his own bones so they deduced it would be the same for dear old Kitty Kat. They knew she'd never pass up Stefan's wedding and so that's what Isabel had shown up for. Not only was she not gonna pass up her best friend's wedding she wanted to help them in any way she could.

She pulled up to Alaric's car and saw the twins with him.

"Alaric hey." She said as she closed her door. The girls perked up and ran to Isabel giving her a hug. "Hey, girls. You've gotten so big." She booped their nose and giggled. She stood up and looked at their father. "Caroline in there?"

"Yeah, she's getting ready." He walked to her and grabbed the girl's hands. "Listen she doesn't have anybody with her right now so I'm glad you could make it. Stefan and I thought it'd do us all some good to have you here."

"She's my best friend. I could take a break for a moment to help you out."

He nodded and walked in to find Caroline. Once she saw the girls, a smile grew on her face.

"But I thought we decided it wasn't safe." She asked as she as she stood up.

"Yeah, well, you and I both know that Katherine would smell a rat if they weren't there. Oh, and Isabel too."

She walked forward and waved her hand before running to her best friend and giving her a hug. "You're getting married!" Isabel smiled at her. "And it's a June wedding!"

"You don't know how relieved I am you're here Bel." Caroline squeezed her one last time before looking at Alaric still wondering why it would be safe for the twins here.

"Stefan called in a favor from Valerie. It turns out she has a soft spot for Gemini twins. She put a protection spell on them, so they'll be safe no matter what." He assured her.

"Thank you for bringing them."

"Daddy, come practice with us," Lizzie asked throwing the pedals around from their baskets.

"Oh, I'd love to, sweetheart, but Daddy has to go back to work." He said sadly. "You understand, right?" He asked Caroline who turned back to him.

"Of course."

The girls giggled as they played around.

"Can I wear this?" Josie asked holding a tiara.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure that's Mommy's," Alaric told her.