Some Doubts☽41☾

•|•

•|•

Isabel and Jackson walked down the streets of the French Quarter as Isabel pushed Rose in a stroller with Hope strapped onto her chest. The two talk to each other as they passed locals and tourists milling around the street, along with street musicians who played various instruments. Hope cooed at her mother, who giggled and tickled the little girl.

"Well, Mrs. Kenner, now that you've got a real local to show you around the Quarter, what would you like to see first?"

"Well Mr. Kenner, I'd ask to see your old haunts, but we do have two very impressionable young ladies with us." Isabel tickled Hope again, and she giggled. Once they come upon a violinist on the sidewalk who played an upbeat tune they stopped to listen.

The violinist continued to play the tune a little longer for them before smiling and dramatically and ending the song. Isabel smiled back at the woman and dropped some money into her violin case before speaking to her. "Thanks!" She then took a hold of the stroller and started to walk away when the violinist started playing a much slower tune, the exact same tune that Dahlia loved to play. Isabel paused, her stance rigid, remembering the tune. She slowly stopped and looked over at the violinist, who had already been staring at them, and Jackson looked at his wife in concern.

Isabel gulped, her startled eyes meeting Jacksons. "That song... It's no good.."

They both looked back at the violinist again, who was still staring at them creepily. The bad feeling grew all around Isabel and she placed a hand on Hopes back as if she was making sure she was still there and safe as she turned back around and started to walk. As they head down the street, Isabel started scanning their surroundings and saw a waiter writing a message onto the chalkboard outside of a restaurant that read, "A promise made is a debt to be paid." Isabel became even more alarmed and tried to play it cool in case someone was watching.

"Flowers, miss." A man stopped them, holding out a long-stemmed red and black flower to Hope. "A gift for the child."

Jackson sensed Isabel's wariness and stepped in so she didn't have to. "Uh, no, we're alright. Thank you!"

"You sure?" Isabel looked at the man suspiciously as he held up the flower and smiled creepily. "Black dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely."

The mention of Hopes crazy aunts name was enough to scare her and she started to walk past him, but the man grabbed her tightly by the arm as both of his eyes turn an unsettling milky white.

Out of nowhere, Klaus appeared and shoved the man against a light post as he put him in a choke-hold. He had been walking around when he watched from afar as his parabatai interacted with the flower salesman. And he felt the strong waves of fear rolling off her and the second he put his hands on her Klaus was ready to jump in.