I Just Got You Back☽60☾

•|•

•|•

Klaus returned to the study and anxiously filled in Freya and Elijah on what he'd just learned.

"It was him. It was Gaspar Cortez."

Freya sighed knowing they weren't getting a break soon. "I assume this is someone from your box of letters?"

"The youngest son of a particularly vile family of warlords I dealt with in the 17th century."

"Didn't they burn that philistine pigsty into the ground?" Elijah asked in distaste.

Klaus scoffs, visibly appalled by Elijah's tone. "Pigsty? Belaga was my favorite artist retreat! Someone had to pay for that, so I murdered Gaspar's brute of a father."

"And?"

"And one or two-"

Elijah sighed and closed his eyes in annoyance in frustration as he interjected. "-Five-"

An annoyed look crossed Klau' face as he corrected himself. "Five of his bloodthirsty brothers."

"Don't forget the mistress." Elijah added.

"That was an accident!" He defended himself as his brother rolled his eyes and turned to Freya.

"The point is that Gaspar was but a footnote." Elijah explained.

"Until he became a vampire, hell-bent on hunting me." Klaus informed his sister. "He's a cunning deviant, known to compel hoards of the helpless to aid him with his tasks. You see, this is exactly what I was concerned about. Devils of all kinds, crawling out of their crevices to strike at me." He paused when he heard footsteps and unintelligible murmuring approaching him with his hybrid hearing and scowled. "Speaking of which..." he trailed off before vamp-speeding downstairs into the courtyard, where he found Davina strutting inside the front gate and immediately pinned her against a support beam by the shoulders.

"Rather foolish of you to come here alone."

Davina looked only mildly afraid of him when suddenly another figure vamp-sped toward Klaus and tossed him backwards across the courtyard. It's Kol, and when Klaus got to his feet he saw not only his brother but Andrew. His face grew stunned by the sight of the very alive hybrid and Original.

"She didn't come alone." Andrew growled as he stood protectively in front of his girlfriend.

After hearing Klaus' fall, Elijah and Freya walked downstairs to figure out what was happening as Klaus continued to stare at his resurrected brother in shock and disbelief.