Mother Trucker☽61☾

•|•

•|•

Isabel walked out of the gas station store with a bag full of supplies to find Klaus waiting for her outside their SUV. She gave him a mischievous smile as she pulled a black and white trucker cap that read, 'Mother Trucker' on it. She raised her brows and waved it at Klaus, who immediately frowned.

"Absolutely not!" Klaus objected.

"We need to blend in," she said. "Which -by the way- means you have to start by losing the thousand-dollar jacket."

Klaus sighed petulantly and made a face at her. "Tell me again why we're on a scenic tour of Methamphetamine Country, and not compelling a jet to some far-off -preferably tropical- destination?"

"Cause that's such a you thing to do and I'm not the one with an army of pissed-off vampires coming after me." She retorted before holding out her hand. "Can I have the keys?"

Klaus sighed dramatically once again before he pulled the keys out of his pocket and reluctantly handed them to Isabel.

"On a scale from one to ten, exactly how much am I going to despise this little plan of yours?"

"On a scale of one to ten it's about twenty." She gave him a happy smiled as she stood on the balls of her feet to hook the trucker cap on Klaus' head. He rolled his eyes trying to hide his amusement but the small quirk of his lips gave him away.

"Oh, good..." he muttered as Isabel turned back to the car.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Klaus, who is still wearing the trucker cap Isabel got him, walked into a homey-looking bar that is blaring country music inside with Isabel, rose walking beside her mother as Klaus held Hope in a carseat and Isabel held Jacob in his. Klaus didn't seem pleased as they walk toward the bar, where a bartender was cleaning glasses in the back.

"Well, I can see why you wanted to come here," Klaus said sarcastically. "I feel safer already."

The bartender, a grouchy-looking, middle-aged man, gives them both a look. "We're closed."

Klaus gave him a dirty look. "You don't look closed..."

"We are for you."

"Well, perhaps you failed to notice the hat?" Klaus smiled.

"Does Hollis work here by chance? My sister Hayley said he's who I should speak to."

Just then, Hollis, a middle aged black man, walked out into the bar from the back room after hearing Hayley's name.

"Well, I'll be damned! She found her family."