Pestilence☽2☾

•|•

•|•

"How's the essay going?" Klaus asked from the doorway of the bedroom.

Isabel typed a few sentences before looking up from her laptop with a sigh. "It's going."

"Do you need any help?" Klaus asked knowing that, by her face, it wasn't an easy essay and it was boring her.

"No." She replied closing her laptop. "It was getting boring anyway." Klaus stepped into the room and walked over to the bed, picking up Rose -who had been peacefully playing with her wolf toy on the bed- and placing her in his lap as he sat down. Isabel turned to him with a look of confusion on her face. "What are you doing? Don't you have something better to do?" She asked.

"Not at the moment no." He replied as Isabel carefully watched him play with Rose's baby fingers.

He seemed gentle and nice in the moment but Isabel didn't know about letting her guard down around him. He was still the hybrid who inflicted so much pain on her friends. Which brought up the question to why she ever stooped so low as to have sex with him but it only brought a headache.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

"Elijah," Rebekah said getting out of her car. "If not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door."

Isabel, who had been watching a movie and playing with the feather necklace in her room, heard a noise from downstairs and walked warily down to check it out with a piece of wood she broke off from a wooden chair and her eyes glowing blue in alarm.

Rebekah walked up the front steps and opened the door to see Isabel coming down the stairs, ready to attack.

"Oh, it's just you." Isabel sighed as she through the stake to the side and calmed down.

"So you're the werewolf girl Klaus, knocked up. Go figure." Isabel scowled at that but Rebekah just smiled slyly. "I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet."

"And once again I am remined that you have your brother's ever so lovely manners." The wolf mocked.

"Don't forget his temper, too, so watch it. Where's Elijah?"

"I have no clue. He's long gone." Isabel shrugged.

"What do you mean, 'long gone?'" Rebekah asked confused.