Unmasked Past☽35☾

•|•

•|•

Klaus who had just shown up in the Bayou, crouched down and smiled at the boy who had lost the ball as he picked it up, but instead of handing it to him, he carried it with him to address the crowd.

"I wonder if you lot can help me- I'm looking for the hybrid who calls herself your Queen." He announced but the werewolves just stared at him in silence, not willing to give up her whereabouts, causing Klaus to sigh impatiently with an annoyed look crossing his face. "I'd prefer you tell me where she is before I grow irritated. After all- " He tossed the ball back to the young boy who seemed scared of the hybrid. "There are children present." He raised his eyebrows expectantly at the crowd.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Isabel stood near a lake at the edge of the woods, trying to skip rocks. She sighed in irritation because the rocks just kept plopping into the water. Isabel started to play with her feather necklace as she thought about what she discovered a few days ago with the whole secrets coming out.

"You scared me," Jackson said from behind the hybrid. Isabel dropped the necklace and jumped, startled, before turning to face her fiancé. "I was worried you ran off in the middle of the night."

"No..." Isabel looked behind her at the lake before looking back at him. "I was just out here doing some thinking..." She bent down to pick up another rock before trying to skip it and failing again while Jackson picked up a stone and easily skipped it.

Isabel scowled at him playfully and he chuckled at her expense. "I've been trying to do that forever and you just come here and do it in one try. Unbelievable..."

"Maybe I'll show you some time." He offered with a comforting smile.

Isabel sighed. "Jack, I know I'm supposed to divulge my great secrets, but I- I can't. I And it sucks that I can't even tell you why I can't."

"Isabel, do you really think there's a secret you have that's so bad you can't tell me?" He asked walking to stand in front of her. He took her hands in his to assure her that everything would be fine.

"It's not safe, Jack." The blonde admitted glancing at their hands before looking into his deep dark eyes.

"When have we ever been safe, Isabel?" He stressed. "Now, our people have been cursed, hunted, exiled. But you and me, this wedding? We can change all that. We can create a new pack, one with your ability to turn at will! So, we give each other our secrets. If we don't, then the transfer of power won't work, and we're back to where we were." Isabel bit her lip anxiously, still looking hesitant which Jack noticed. "Look, even if we call off the wedding, there's still something that I need to tell you."