Unsired Heart☽57☾

•|•

•|•

Isabel sat on a park bench at Jackson Square, watching children play nearby with an almost numb expression, when Klaus appeared and sat down next to her he realized she was still in the dumps about Jackson.

"Come to pay your respects?" She asked emotionlessly.

"It's easy to speak well of Jackson." He smiled at her softly. "He was a good man." He then looked over at a baby tree several feet in front of them. "Though it is a bit macabre, isn't it? Burying his heart under a sapling?"

"I just... I wanted a place where the kids could visit him. I didn't... don't want them to forget how much they loved him."

Klaus gave her a sympathetic look, but Isabel kept her eyes on the ground. Klaus moved his hand and grabbed hers, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I am sorry... for your loss."

"Yeah..." she let out a breath. "Everybody's sorry. Doesn't make a whole lot of difference though, does it?"

Klaus shrugged moving the pad of his thumb over her hand. "Perhaps not. I've heard time heals all wounds, but that has not been my own experience." He pat her hand with his other hand before letting go. "I wonder if keeping busy might help distract you from your grief?"

Isabel looked up at Klaus then, part curious and part suspicious. "You have something in mind?"

Niklaus sighed. "Aurora's still at large. No doubt plotting her revenge. You are closest to Cami... before any of us. I want you to watch over her. Make sure she is safe and doesn't get herself killed and she has those dark objects so perhaps you're safe with her."

"Let me guess. She isn't listening to you anymore?"

"No. "

"Okay. Fine. As long as you keep Hayley and the kids safe I'll handle Cami."

Klaus seemed pleased, but before he could say anything more, his phone buzzed in his jacket pocket, and he scowled in annoyance as he stood to his feet and pulled it out to answer it.

"Can I assume our very gifted sister has finally found my lunatic ex?"

Isabel used her heightened hearing to listen to what Elijah was saying.

"From the look of things... I would say that the lunatic ex found Freya."

"Well, then, we'll procure another witch to track her," Klaus said, annoyed.