Saved By The Wolf☽4☾

•|•

•|•

"I told you, Agnes, I feel perfectly fine," Isabel said as she typed on her computer for school.

"You are overdue for a checkup," Agnes told her, not giving up.

"What am I gonna do, pop into the quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Totally nothing to see there." The pregnant werewolf mumbled sarcastically as she glanced at the witch before going back to her work.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child," Rebekah told her. "Strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours."

"What about Rose?" She asked as she glanced to her right where Rose slept in fetus position, holding her wolf plushie.

"Hello auntie Bex here. I'll take care of her while you do your thing." Rebekah promised.

"I know a doctor out in the bayou off the beaten path. Now I took the liberty of making an appointment for you tonight after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it," Agnes said trying to persuade the blonde werewolf.

"Okay." The teenager sighed, giving in. Isabel closed her computer and stared at the old woman. "Fine. Bayou baby doctor it is."

Isabel and Agnes stood up along with Rebekah.

"Take good care of my precious niece. I'll keep Rose happy."

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

It was dark when Agnes pulled into the clinic and Isabel could tell something doesn't feel right which made her on edge.

"This is the doctor's office?" She asked skeptically as she pointed to the place in front of them with wary eyes.

Isabel felt unnerved when Agnes smiled. "Dr. Paige is only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorizing her patients. Go. She won't bite." She inhaled one more time and then opened the door to get out.

Isabel walked into the door and found the doctor. The blonde middle aged woman walks Isabel to a room and set up her equipment while the pregnant werewolf lied down. She lifted her shirt as Dr. Paige walked over.

"This is a little cold." Isabel nodded and the doctor placed the gel and probe on her stomach. The doctor moved it around and they both hear the heart beat loud and clear. Isabel smiled to herself enjoying the sound she's heard so many time's before. "Your baby's heart rate is perfect."

"I knew it. She's a tough one, just like her mom and sister." The doctor gave Isabel a wipe and she took the goo off before getting up and putting her shirt down.