Solve The Riddle☽15☾

•|•

•|•

"Isabella!" Elijah called out as he stripped from his shirt.

"Elijah. Your back, did you find any-" she paused her words and movement as she stared in shock at what was in front of her. A very shirtless Elijah with tattooed names covering his torso. But she quickly regained herself by blinking then darting her eyes to his. "Thing?" She flushed slightly knowing he caught her staring at him. "What is happening?"

Elijah smiled in amusement at her before saying, "I need you to make a list of these names." She walked closer not taking her eyes off his. "Please."

"Okay." She breathed out as she examined his stomach, his arms and his back. "Sabine? Elijah, what is this?" Isabel asked in confusion.

Elijah looked at the puzzled blonde. "I believe they represent the names of the women that Celeste inhabited the past two centuries." He explained.

Isabel silently nodded in response as she softly traced the names on Elijah's back with her fingers. Elijah closed his eyes as he inaudibly groaned with the werewolf's touch.

Suddenly, the door opened and Marcel quickly entered the room as Isabel moved away from Elijah. Marcel walked over to the two and handed to paper and pen to the pregnant wolf. "It's called a devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it and it disappears."

"Why? What's the point?" She asked looking between the two men.

"Celeste forced me to make a choice you, your sister and my siblings and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game." He answered.

Isabel's eyes widen. "And you chose me."

"And I regret absolutely nothing."

"Oh Elijah..." she muttered guiltily.

"I won't regret choosing you over them Isabella and neither should you. They can not be killed. You however can." His tone left no room for protest and Isabel pursed her lips knowing he was right. Fire would kill her and the baby but Klaus and Rebekah can only be killed by white oak which is no longer around. "Now the longer the game, the more they suffer. To find Niklaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names," he said as he looked over the tattooed names on his body.

Elijah moved his arm and Marcel noticed a particular name. "The name next to Sabine... Annie La Fleur, she's the witch that was shunned from her coven just over a year ago. Never knew why, but I can find out," Marcel said before leaving.