The Last Malraux☽70☾

•|•

•|•

"Rose! Hope! Breakfast is ready!" Isabel yelled out to her kids. Jacob was already at the table munching on his bacon having slept with his mom and dad in bed the night before and hounding his mother to hurry with the food.

Upstairs Rose and Hope were in the attic of the house where they had toys and drawings spread all around. Rose laid on her back with her hands behind her head and beside her was Hope who was on her stomach and drawing when they heard their mother.

"Coming!" Rose shouted back before hopping up. "Come on, Opey. We can finish your drawings later."

Hope nodded and quickly dropped her crayons and raced her sister down the stairs. Rose gained speed and quickly sped passed her sister and into the kitchen.

"No fair! You used your wolf speed." Hope complained. "Mom she used her wolf speed!"

"Rose, what did I say about using your power around the house?"

"It was just to race Mom," Rose said a blush coating her cheeks from the deadpan look her mom was giving her.

Isabel left Kol to handle the rest of the food and walked toward her daughters. She pat Rose's head as Hope walked to the table. "You gotta let her win at least once, Rose."

"I heard that," Hope said causing Kol to laugh.

Isabel smiled and pushed Rose forward to get her to the table.

Rose sat next to Hope on one side while Kol sat alone on one end leaving Jacob opposite of Rose with a seat open on his right left open and another on his right for his mom to sit at the other end.

Before Isabel could sit down she heard a car pull up.

"Is that grandma?" Hope asked looking up at Isabel.

Isabel shared a look with Kol before looking back down at her kids. "Let me check. Stay inside."

Isabel walked outside the house and found Mary getting out of her car.

"Well, now, aren't you a sight?"

"Are you sure no one followed you?" The hybrid asked.

"I've been avoiding trouble since well before you were born. Now, where're the children?"

"Did you find it?" Isabel looked hopeful and once she saw the old woman's face change ever so slightly she pleaded with her. "Mary, please. After all this time, I am this close to getting them back. I found a cure for Freya's poison, I got a witch to siphon Rebekah's hex."