Wishes☽32☾

•|•

•|•

Elijah and Hayley sat on the porch with Hope and Rose. Hope sitting in a baby seat and Hayley holding Rose while playing peek-a-boo with a stuffed bear.

"It's alright, Elijah," Rebekah said as she sat up firewood. "She won't break. Everything you did was in the name of protecting her. I'm not worried." She told him referring to his recent fits where he seemed a little out of it.

Elijah picked up Hope and held her close to him. "Hi, sweetheart." He cooed before looking up and finally noticing that Rebekah was setting up for a fire and looked at her in confusion. "Is that what I think it is?" He asked as he rocked baby Hope a little.

Rebekah walked back toward Elijah, Hayley, Rose, and Hope and smiled happily. "It's bonfire season!" Rebekah cheered happily. "And I am reviving a family tradition! Especially since we're all going to be together."

"Only because we're fleeing from one of our deranged parents. Another Mikaelson tradition. It's a peculiar thing- never to be tired, yet forever exhausted by the sameness of things. Why is our family always at war?" Elijah asked.

Rebekah just smiled and touched Hope's hand. "I don't know. But, being away with these two precious little girls made me see things differently."

"Looks like she wants you," Hayley said as she sat Rose down who walked over to Rebekah and held onto her leg. Rebekah smiled down at her and pat the little girls head.

The blonde Original picked Rose up and tickled her stomach, eliciting a laugh from the bubbly child. "We're not so bad." Rebekah told them softly. "We're not the monsters that our parents think we are."

Suddenly, Klaus and Isabel's black SUV sped down the driveway. Klaus didn't even get the chance to park before an excited Isabel rushed out of the car and sprinted toward Rebekah, Elijah, Hayley, and her daughters.

Isabel abruptly stopped in her tracks as soon as she saw Hope and Rose, as though she couldn't believe her eyes. Rebekah and Elijah both smiled at her as Klaus caught up with them.

"Mama!" Baby Rose cheered.

Elijah and Rebekah wasted no time handing a smiling Hope and Rose to Isabel who luckily had the strength to carry both the girls.

"Hi!" She smiled at them, tears forming in her eyes. She missed Rose's second birthday and the first few months of Hope being born and just thinking about it had the water works up and running. "Hi my beautiful baby girls."

Rose and Hope cooed happily in their mothers arms and Isabel hugged them tightly and breathed a sigh of relief. She had waited for this day for quite a while and she didn't know how long they'd be gone for. So she was grateful to have this chance to see them again.